Upcoming Nikon mid-level Z

Nikon to Unveil a Mid-Level Mirrorless That May Be Sub-$1,000: Report

If the camera has the focus shifting and the option to add a vertical grip, I would likely be a buyer, especially considering that my D7000 has 77,000 clicks.

However, the article mentions that the Z7 was launched in 2006. It also says the plan is to release the new camera in the 2019 fiscal year. That year ended in March 2019. This gives me pause about the accuracy of everything else in the article.

Last edited:

If the camera has the focus shifting and the option to add a vertical grip, I would likely be a buyer, especially considering that my D7000 has 77,000 clicks.

However, the article mentions that the Z7 was launched in 2006. It also says the plan is to release the new camera in the 2019 fiscal year. That year ended in March 2019. This gives me pause about the accuracy of everything else in the article.
If they are going to put out a mid-level camera, they ought to put out some mid-level S lenses along with it.

Real Name
Andrew

I just checked and they did a straight Google translate on the Nikkei article. Hardly would trust that to me accurate in all areas.

It's been a while since I've read Japanese and I no longer have my dictionaries, otherwise I'd take a crack at manually transferring it myself.

I'd say that this is probably another shoddy attempt at an article from a rumour sight.

There probably is something to it, but without an accurate, proper translation, you night need to make some assumptions.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
The impact of click bait on journalism. Thanks for your explanation, which unlike some details in the article makes perfect sense.
I find most "rumor" sites are nothing more than clickbait. Most of them source the same original article from elsewhere. Even NikonRumors gets most of it's information from other sites. These days even PetaPixel has become a crowd sourced publication. Anyone it seems can publish an article there and "legitimize" themselves regardless of their true credibility.

MacRumors, which focuses on Apple computers and other products, is pretty careful to try and verify any information they run across before they publish it on their site. They often will add a disclaimer or a cautionary note when providing some information or a rumor, and they are pretty good about followups as well, adding new details and/or corrections as they learn about it. Unfortunately not all sites are this scrupulous!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom