1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Update August 14 on My Infant Nephew - WARNING: Baby & Medical Equipment

Discussion in 'People' started by Mike Buckley, Aug 14, 2008.

1. WARNING: Some people may be uncomfortable viewing a picture of a tiny baby hooked up to life-support equipment.

It's all GREAT news in this update! Matthew Jr. appears to be out of the woods. That's such a relief to be able to finally post the news.

Notice in the pictures shown below that he had his eyes open, which is the first time in two months that has happened with any degree of predictability. That's because he is off most of the drugs. I actually heard his voice for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The medical team is nothing short of jubilant (though understandably guarded) about his continued progress, so much so that he has been moved to the area where stable babies stay. They are making plans to transfer him to another hospital in the next week or two where intensive care will no longer be needed.

Matthew Jr.'s next major challenge is to begin eating on his own. The more milk and formula that he takes in, the more improved his liver will become.

On to the pictures...

kiss

View attachment 239376
    practicing the Hallelujah Chorus

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2008
  2. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

Praise God! this is wonderful news!

3. Excellent news! The prayers for this little guy will continue.

4. hangman

hangman

Aug 13, 2006
    Lone Star State
    Absolutely wonderful news.

5. Geej

Geej

Aug 11, 2005
    Northern Colorado
    This is great news! I'll pray for his continued progress.

6. i have a smile ear to ear reading this.... god bless him.
    so beautiful

7. Thank you to all for the very nice comments! I look forward to the post that will be my final update of this saga, brought on by Matthew's move onto his next journey.

8. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Great news Mike, I'm sure it will have an happy ending.

9. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    I have followed this story and the wonderful photos and am so glad to hear things are so bright !

Good to see him and mom together.

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    What a joy to see him thriving. Mike, we continue to think good thoughts and keep him in our prayers.

Thank you for the update.

11. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    Wonderful news! Continued best to you and your family, and so happy that Matthew Jr. is continuing to improve. :smile:

12. mike....
    once again...
    i am so happy that you've posted matthew's progress for your family here at THE CAFE

i am thrilled that matthew is doing well
    the combination of family love, medical science, and prayer is quite formidable

13. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Congrats Mike, that is such excellent news. Thank you for keeping us updated!

14. Wonderful news!!! I hope his progress is fast now. Getting them to eat on their own is a challenge, so expect some ups and downs. Isn't it so amazing what the doctors know and can do with these little ones.

15. Continued thanks to everyone! I hope to see Matthew Jr. in the next couple of days and will get back to everyone on his progress.

16. KG72

KG72 Guest

Great news!

17. Outstanding news Mike!

18. Indeed!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.