1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Update July 21 on My Infant Nephew - WARNING: Baby & Medical Equipment

Discussion in 'People' started by Mike Buckley, Jul 21, 2008.

1. WARNING: Some people may be uncomfortable viewing a picture of a tiny baby hooked up to life-support equipment.

Matthew Jr celebrated his one-month birthday this past week! Mom and Dad each held him for a few minutes on separate days. The medical team is gradually reducing his medication. Perhaps best of all, he was given a small amount of his mother's milk for the first time yesterday. He took such a liking to it that they gave him more. He is seeing progress but the doctors still don't know what to do other than hope that Matthew Jr. stops on his own producing the excess fluid in his body.

Mom extended a finger toward Matthew Jr.'s tiny hand and he lovingly held onto her:

100535875.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Matthew Jr. likes his new booties and his mother was happy to show them to me:

View attachment 225077

Some pictures need no captions:

View attachment 225078

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  2. Good news Mike! Thanks for keeping us updated. My best wishes to the family.

3. wonderful images
    our continued prayers are with him.... and your entire family

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    That sweet little child continues to be in my prayers.

Keep getting stronger, Matthew!

5. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Awwww Mike...I love the image where they are holding hands. So sweet. I will keep this family in my prayers.

Thanks for the update.

6. Thanks to everyone for such very nice comments.

Seneca, I also especially like the picture of the two of them holding hands. Unfortunately, I processed that way too late at night and need to improve it. I should have applied USM locally rather than globally and hope to make that change tonight. EDIT: The USM has now been locally applied.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  7. Glad to hear Matthew, Jr. is making progress. My best wishes for continued improvement in his status, and especially that he can go home with Mom and Dad soon.

Wonderful images.

8. God Bless him, he is in our prayers ....

9. Somehow I had missed all of the other threads about your new nephew, so am now catching up! He's adorable and it sure seems as though he's a real fighter! Definitely, without doubt, he is in the best place he could be right now -- Hopkins has an outstanding reputation for very good reasons.

Keep us posted on his continuing development!

10. tee1172

tee1172

Jun 21, 2008
    pa
    Oh my, so adorable, best wishes to your family

11. Adam73

Adam73 Guest

Beautiful images and look on the mothers face is just heart warming. Wow got goose bumps just thinking about how powerful that photo is for me. Thanks for sharing.

12. Way to go Kiddo! You the man!

13. KG72

KG72 Guest

Keep fighting, little man!

14. Mike,
    These are so precious. I pray his health problems work their way out soon!! It must be frustrating that he has a problem that the doctors don't know how to fix.

15. BarkisPhoto

BarkisPhoto

Jul 20, 2007
    New England
    Hi, Mike -- have been following your posts and it is very good to see little Matthew is making good progress. Your images will be a treasure to the family for years to come. Nice work ...

Best Regards,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.