UPDATE: LATE BREAKING NEWS - The "brilliance" of Air Travelers .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Retief, Jul 26, 2007.

1. LATE BREAKING NEWS: Stupid Doctor from Tenessee. "Off his Antidepressants", I wonder who the heck prescribed those??????

---- Now, back to the Original Post -----

So, yesterday at Seatac Airport we had a bit of a security issue. A fellow shows up at the counter and tells the agents that there is a bomb on a plane that just left. The agents do the prudent thing and have the plane return, it was only about 6 miles from the airport, and after 3 hours on the tarmac they determine there was no bomb.

The brilliant fellow who reported this, as it turns out, had just missed this flight and figured this was a way to get the airplane back so he could get on the flight. Much to his surprise, and my delight :biggrin::biggrin:, he didn't get on the plane and he is due in court today.

So, the question is, what should be done with this bozo? My thoughts:

1. Make him pay the airfare for all the passengers on the flight as well as the cost of fuel and additional crew hours
    2. As punishement, rather than sending him to prison to live with Bubba for a while, make him walk around the airport with a sandwich board for 4 hours every day which says something like: "I am an idiot who has zero concern or respect for anyone but myself. Because I'm so stupid I missed a flight, called a bomb scare to get them to come back, and now my Dad is making me carry this sign to show you how stupid I am". I am soliciting other good phrases that may be appropriate :wink::wink:
    3. After his 4 hour stint walking, let him do Plane Cleanup for another 2 hours a day.
    4. After 7,000 hours of such community service, let a panel of air travelers decide if this was enough penance or not.
    5. Every time he flies, he has to wear a big name tag that identifies him as said Idiot.

So, do you all think that is enough??? I say, Hang Him, find his Petard and Hoist Him Upon it, public flogging is barely good enough........ :biggrin:

On a more serious note, this is typical of the lack of respect for others that I see becoming more and more rampant everyday in our society, quite disturbing in my opinion.

Or, as my Father-In-Law says, the Gene Pool is simply getting tired ...... :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2007
  2. Billy Ng

Billy Ng

Jan 22, 2007
    Hartsdale, NY
    Sometimes the gene pool needs a little chlorine.

3. HAC_X

HAC_X Guest

Oddly enough a "Petard" is small bomb.... quite appropriate..

Cheers
    Harold

4. I say force him to be an unpaid cameraman for "Dirty Jobs" for a year. That should set anyone straight!

(Why those guys do it even for money I'll never know!)

5. Hi Bill,

I believe the airlines have a "No Fly" list, and I hope this guy just became a lifetime member. Hopefully the federal felony charges will stick and there is no parole or early release if it is federal.

If he has any money, maybe the airlines can recover some of their costs and not stick it to the rest of the travelers.

I always thought it would be fitting for the cops to handcuff the culprit to the chain link fence out at the end of the taxiway where they have deplaned all the passengers. Then ask for some of the passengers to hold their billy clubs and guard him "While we go get some coffee and donuts, we will be back in half an hour or so". :biggrin:

Bob

6. "Fix" him like a dog or cat so he cannot breed. Then let the passengers of that flight have a go at him with a cat-o-nine-tails, serial or parallel, it doesnt matter. Lastly tattoo his forehead "Here is your sign"

7. Like to add two to the list

6. Make him smell all the shoes that TSA makes passengers take off. you know, just in case they're loaded with explosives.
    7. Never, ever allow him to board any airplane. unless it's a one way ticket to North Korea.

8. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    :eek:

Gene pool in need of bleach, oh yeah...

9. It is completely infuriating when people do things like that. His lawyer's excuse is probably that he's the offspring of close relatives... and on the LH side of the IQ scale and as such not responsible. Luckily, this is a federal offense that might get him some jail time and a nice record to follow him for the rest of his natural life.

Added:

Now that the identity of the culprit is known, I take back my initial comment about "IQ and close relatives", to replace that with: such obvious mental instability is in my book not an excuse for being selfish, inconsiderate and arrogant. Not taking your medication, especially when one is a medical professional, should provide him with an additional strike against him. Off to the NO FLY LIST with him...!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2007
  10. maybe we can somehow get him to try out for the Darwin club.....and succeed

11. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Question. He was allowed to check in a bag under another name, and this is a regular procedure. WOT!!!!! :mad:

Come on, somebody in the FAA/Airline should get a roasting if this still happens. Have they not learned anything since 9/11?

He should be banned for life from any scheduled flight; the consequences are great, loss of job etc. Wait until he gets the bill for the delay and aircraft heavy landing inspection. Then I'd like to see the look on his face. :mad:

This sort of story incenses me.

At first, authorities believed he did not have any luggage on the plane, and they allowed passengers to remain in their seats while they searched. But after further questioning, the man admitted to checking a bag under someone else's name -- something that's not uncommon when traveling with a group, Betancourt said.

Because of that bag, passengers were asked to disembark.

12. First I've heard of the bag thing. You can check a bag under someone else's name, but you can't carry a bottle of water onto an airplane. Hmm.

Odd as it may sound, it seems as though I've heard this same story several times over the past couple of years.

It not only inconveniences that particular flight, but it delays the subsequent flights the aircraft and crew were scheduled for, people have to rearrange gate assignments, other airlines sometimes have to ground flights to accommodate the "investigation", and so on. These are very stupid and selfish people. Not sure what the answer is, or punishment should be though...

13. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    ahahahah:biggrin:

14. I would think only under the name of another traveler who is also on the plane, and with the approval of that other person, not under some random name.

From a security standpoint, it still means that a bag is matched with an actual passenger, which is what matters under the assumption that someone will not carry a bomb on an airplane without them also being on there (or a close friend who is actually Ok with that!) Of course, suicide bombers completely change that security equation...

That said, this moron should be flogged in public, pay for the expenses of the airline, airport and fellow passengers (including lost business, etc...), and also be banned from ever boarding a plane... after spending a comfortable amount of time in a quiet place thinking about his action. Unbelievable!

15. I think that this egotistic and idiotic miscreant should be prosecuted to the maximum extent by city, county, state and federal authorities.

I think that he should also be the subject of any and all possible legal remedies, damages and cost recovery by the airline.

I think that all passengers (on the plane, in the terminal, and on connnecting flights) who were subjected to inconveniences, delays, frustration, lost income, missed opportunities, etc., etc., should bring a class action lawsuit (or whatever the applicable action may be) against him and his current and future earnings and wealth.

I think he should be made to be the public target of ridicule and scorn in some way to perhaps instill some sense of shame within him - maybe by being required to perform "public service" in the terminal, wearing a placard saying "I caused your nightmarish cancelations" while performing menial tasks that expose him to the full view of the passenger queues.

I hope that anyone contemplating such a stunt will learn from this episode and its consequences.

This is just unbelievably, ridiculously bad!!!

Sorry to rant . . .

Eric

16. unfortunately, not

Stupid self centered inbreeders think the rules don't apply to them, and they will never get caught.

17. Comments and Late Breaking News ....

LATE BREAKING NEWS: Stupid Doctor from Tenessee. "Off his Antidepressants", I wonder who the heck prescribed those??????

Well, and I thought that I was pretty annoyed with this "poor soul", but Geez-Louizeeeeeeee, you folks REALLY have it in for this dope :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I just want to comment on some specifics......

Harold, thanks a BUNCH for that tidbit, I learned something new today! I had always though of the phrase in the vein of "falling into your own trap", but having it turn out to be a small bomb, well, the word "serendipity" comes to mind :wink:

Well, I'D sure as heck do it FOR money, that show is a Kick in the Head. I'll never forget when they did the Geoduck ( pronounced Gooey-Duck ) farming, those are some honking big clams. And when he was rounding up the Ostriches? What a hoot!!!!! Sorry, WAY too good for this bozo .... now, if you wanted to make him DO the dirty jobs for nothing, luck mucking out the Alligator Pit, you might have something ....

Bob, Bob, BOB .... this is a side of you I've NEVER seen and would never have guessed. Now, I must also say, I LIKE it!!!!!!

Remind me never to get you upset with me, you scare me, Gonzo-man, you truly do ..... :wink:

So, does he have to do both?????? Man, you REALLY want to annoy the N. Koreans, don't you?????

I hadn't heard about the bag initially, so I got to wondering. Who actually checked in the bag? Since he was "trying" to travel with a group, had he given it the night before to someone else to check-in, or did HE actually check it in at the airport? If HE checked it in and it got on the plane, how the heck did he miss it? Incontinence???????? Well, now we know at least PART of his excuse .....

Well "ranted" Eric, if I say so myself and I just did :biggrin: Check out the link I just posted, this bozo OUGHT to have some money, being a doctor. Of course after THIS stunt, the only place he may practice for a while is in Prison ......

This is really well said ....

Thanks all, ain't this some fun?????? Can't wait to see the outcome.

18. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005

I see you updated your post to include "Stupid Doctor from Tenessee"
    Apparently this person has some mental heath issues which may have been a causative factor in this incident. This is not surprising since his actions were not typical of a sane individual. Now that you have this information, you continue to ridicule and promote this thread.

Everyone is free to have an opinion. What I find amusing is your statement about the lack of respect for others. Continuing to mock an individual whom you discover may be mentally ill, is truly sad.

19. What's the problem with calling an idiot an idiot?

Besides, I think you are mistaking the OP with an mental illness expert Doctor. Since he is no doctor, why should he know the idiot is mentally ill? Maybe it was just an idiot.
    And as far as I know, he kept his identity secret.

Political correctness is much sadder.