UPdate: Nikon z6 & Z6II firmware updates

Real Name
Mark
I was able to determine that the firmware updates did not reset the continuous max frame option to 1.
I was using a Tether tools Air direct unit, and when plugged into the port on the camera body & turned on, this caused the count to change.

Not sure if anyone else experienced this or not, but just an FYI. I installed the firmware updates to my Z6 and Z6II yesterday. I then went to shoot a basketball game that night and my release mode while set to continuous high would only shoot one frame at a time.
Felt like I was shooting film back in the 70's.
Anyway at halftime I was able to dig a little and saw that menu item d2 - Max continuous release had been reset to 1 on both camera bodies.
It may not have been the firmware update, but that is the only thing I can thin of that could have caused the change. Not a great big deal, I just changed the number back to where I wanted it, but thought I'd make you aware to be sure and check your settings after the install, just in case.

Last edited:
Real Name
Randy
Not sure if anyone else experienced this or not, but just an FYI. I installed the firmware updates to my Z6 and Z6II yesterday. I then went to shoot a basketball game that night and my release mode while set to continuous high would only shoot one frame at a time.
Anyway at halftime I was able to dig a little and saw that menu item d2 - Max continuous release had been reset to 1 on both camera bodies.
It may not have been the firmware update, but that is the only thing I can thin of that could have caused the change. Not a great big deal, I just changed the number back to where I wanted it, but thought I'd make you aware to be sure and check your settings after the install, just in case.
thanks for heads up Mark !
something like this could take hours to diagnose and in the field would be too much for me

Real Name
Mark
Nick. I shot a game the day before yesterday, then did the update the next day & shot a game that night. The only thing I did was the firmware updates, so that is why I was suggesting that the firmware update must have changed it. I don't 100% know, but I can't imagine what else it was. So I was just putting t out there as a possile FYI. The cameras are running fine since the update.

Nick. I shot a game the day before yesterday, then did the update the next day & shot a game that night. The only thing I did was the firmware updates, so that is why I was suggesting that the firmware update must have changed it. I don't 100% know, but I can't imagine what else it was. So I was just putting t out there as a possile FYI. The cameras are running fine since the update.
Russian hackers? :cautious:

Real Name
Keith Jalbert
anything worth while in new update?

anything worth while in new update?
The problem with updates is that we never know about the changes we should be glad to have that the company was too embarrassed to publicize. I've experienced situations, not necessarily with Nikon, with undocumented changes for the better. That explains why I almost always update software and firmware.

I got a new Z6ii last month and just updated the firmware to 1.02 yesterday. Now I can’t see anything on the monitor, only through the viewfinder when the camera is on automatic shift. I can force the monitor on with the switch on the side of the viewfinder housing but I lose the viewfinder. Am I doing something wrong or is it a glitch in the firmware? I sent an email to Nikon support yesterday but nothing back on the weekend.

That was it. Blew a shot of air on it and the monitor lit up. Thanks. I have a lot to learn about this camera. My previous one was a 10mp Olympus from 2007 and this one has lots more bells and whistles.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom