Update on Ken L.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uncle Frank, Sep 14, 2005.

1. I just spoke to Ken's wife, Anne, and the news about Ken is guardedly optimistic. The doctors first thought he had a liver tumor, and then decided it was a non-malignant growth that could be treated with mega-doses of antibiotics. But he's been going in the wrong direction for the last few weeks, and after further investigation, they determined the mass was actually an abcess that was about to perforate. They operated on Ken sometime in the last couple of hours, and were able to drain it, which removes him from immediate danger. Now, hopefully, the antibiotics will be able to restore him to health. I'm sure that's vastly simplified, but it's all the information available at the moment.

Anne is waiting for Ken to return from the recovery area, and when he's back to the real world, either he or she will call, and I'll be able to update this report. Keep those prayers coming, folks. :Angel:

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Whew! I'm glad Ken is out of immediate danger! The guy has really been through the difficulties lately. Thanks Frank for keeping on top of the news and keeping us informed. I'm sure sending my good thoughts and wishes his way.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thank you for the update Frank. We will definitely be keeping Ken in our prayers. It's good to know that he seems to be doing better.

4. Thanks. It pays to get two opinions. We'll keep praying for him.

Rich

5. papa85

papa85 Guest

That is good news. He is in my paryers. Hoping a speedy recovery.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ken up-date

Hi all,

Just got off the phone with Ken. He called me. He just got out of recovery, is quite groggy. Anne is with him and talked to her also. They have put a drain in the Liver infected area and changed antibiotics. He did say he was in alot of pain. Things were getting worse the past 3 weeks.

Prognosis is good at the moment.

He is very grateful and thankful for all of our love and concern for him and his family. He sounds very optomistic.

Ken and Anne say thank you very much for the best wishes and messages, and all of our caring..

He hopes to maybe be home in three days or so.

Gee I had tears in my eyes. He is my VR VR VR buddy. :>))

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2005
  7. Brew

Brew Guest

Hurry back Ken!!!! Things HAVE to get better :smile:

8. Thanks for the update, Frank. I wanted to call but thought I'd wait awhile. So glad you did and let us know what has happened. Ken told me he'd "cheated death before" so he's had other health issues. Let's hope he's lucky this time, avoids infections and gets back on the road to recovery soon.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    This sounds bad, but much better than it could have been. Thanks so much to Frank and Gale for the updates.

Ken do what the docs and Ann tell you. Ann, make him take it easy (I know that will be a challenge :smile:).

10. Thanks for the update Frank & Gale.
    I hope to read Ken's posts here again soon...

11. I appreciate the update Frank and Gale. Ken has had more than his share of problems lately, let's hope this is the break he needed to effect a permanent recovery.

12. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Thanks to you, Frank and Gale, for the updates on Ken's progress...

And 'Hang in there, Ken', I'm sure pulling for you,

Gaye

13. Thanks for updates guys. Glad everything is looking better.

14. Thank you for the update. Ken, we will keep you and your family in our prayers!

15. I am glad he is doing better. I hope we see him back here soon....

16. TOF guy

TOF guy

Mar 11, 2005
    Joining all of you to wish myself Ken a quick recovery !

Thierry

17. Thanks Frank & Gale for the update. I am sure he will be okay after the drainage and change of antibiotics.

And to Ken, get well soon. You have our full support here.

18. Frank and Gale, thanks VERY much for the updates. The operative, bad pun, word is noted in the quote below, bolded for empahsis....

Ken, while you being in the hospital, having an operation, being in pain is sure a bummer, I, for one, am VERY happy for that wonderful word "About". Take care, get well, go shooting. And we want to see pictures of the Candy Stripers this time around :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2005
  19. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Speedy recovery wishes from my family to yours, Ken.

20. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Thanks for the updates. A speedy recovery to you, Ken!