Update on Ken Luria

Hi, Gang

I was able to talk to Ken Luria tonight. He is still in the hospital and hopes to be out next week. He went in with one problem and found out he has another more serious one that is probably inoperable.

He was pleased to learn about your concern and support. He gave me his address and said I could give it you (via PM) if you'd like to send him a card.

He asked that we not cancel the photo shot at the SF Zoo for August 16th (...says confidently that "Frank should be handle it!").

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Hi, Virginia. Please pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery to Ken, and tell him there's no way I'm going to a Bay Area Nikon Cafe meeting without him. I'll wait for him to tell me he's ready, and then will be glad to help him as much as he wishes.

Real Name
Chris
Thanks Virginia. It's good to hear that he will be out soon, but also troubling that things have turned out more serious than he expected. As with everything, physical condition is controlled by spirit, and we all know Ken has spirit!

Ken (you'll be reading this soon!) we are right there behind you bud! Whatever you need, you've made real friends here, so don't be afraid to ask.

Virginia, please PM me Ken's addy, so I can send a getting well card. Thanks again.

Virginia,

Thanks for the update.

Ken....prayers and thoughts for a speedy and complete recovery. Looking forward to "seeing" you back in the Cafe soon.

Best wishes,

David

Hi, Everyone

Ken-L just called me. He is still in the hospital. He sounded fine, but has to find out the results of tests before the doctors can advise about treatment options. His condition is very serious.

He wanted to know who had called him. Apparently something happened with the message and he would like to find out who contacted him. Since I have given his contact information to several of you, I thought I would post this update. If you are the one who called him, please call Ken back. He would like to talk to you.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

PGB

I called. I'll try him again tomorrow. If you hear from him let him know it was me. I called his home number.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

T

tamachan

Thanks for keeping us updated Virginia. It's probably safe to say that the entire Cafe community is behind his speedy return -- it's not the same without him!

Hoping for the best,
Maki

Good News

Ken's medical reports came in better than he expected. He'll have to undergo treatment for a couple of months, but he should be going home soon. He wants to thank you all for your support.

Virginia

Thanks Virginia,

Glad to know that Ken's test results were more optimistic. Hopefully, the treatments won't beat him up too much and he will be able to resume his lifestyle sooner than expected. I know that you will keep us posted when news comes your way.

fks

hi virginia-

that's good news, thanks for the update. is there an address where we can send get-well cards (i know ken probably doesn't want an address listed on the internet)?

ricky

Ken--- Wishing you a speedy recovery & glad to hear the news was better than expected.

Soooooooo Glad to hear.

Next time you talk to him. Tell him his VR VR VR buddy is lonesome.

Get well real soon Ken ....Miss you.

Hopefully he will be back in no time!

He will have to put some OT in posting to make up for his absence!

I wish him a super speedy recovery.

I gave Ken a call yesterday, and he sounds great... full of pi$$ and vinegar. I'm sure he'll be back online in the next week or so, and will update his Cafe mates on his condition, so all I'll say is that, while it's serious, it appears it can be treated medically rather than with a scalpel, and the prognosis is good. I was greatly relieved after talking to him, particularly since it means I won't have to organize the SF Bay Chapter photo-shoot ;).

Latest threads

Top Bottom