1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

UPDATED 8/15 with New Pics Pg 5... My latest model shoot-- Ashley (Image Heavy)

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Medic1210, Jul 31, 2009.

1. I met a friend of mine at a local community college's horticultural gardens the other day for a photo shoot. I've been wanting to shoot her for quite a while now, and finally got the chance. Ashley is a full time nurse, but has been modeling for about 10 years now. She was very easy to work with, even though it was hot and muggy all morning. I can't wait to have another session with her. Lemme know what you think. All shot using natural light with the D3 and the "outdated" 70-200/2.8 VR lens. :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2009
  2. Very nice set. Nothing really to point out after a real quick look. Colors look great, subject isolation is tight and right. No blown highlights. I prefer the look of the pics when she's not in a bikini top, but that's just me.

Great work.

3. I think they look great. I really like the shot with her on the bench. I'm not sure why, the pose, the colors... I'm not sure. But great set all around. Can't wait to see the next one.

4. fjgindy

fjgindy

Jan 21, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Nice work on all of these. Great job!
    Were you using a reflector also?

5. Thank you!

Yeah, that's one of my favs too. I just love that dress. I think my absolute favorite is the one of her in the dress under the archway. Sexy and seductive. :wink:

Thank you. Yeah, I used a reflector for most, if not all of these shots. many, like the one under the vineyard trellis (blue and white shirt/white shorts) had her in the dark on an overcast day. I had to crank up the ISO to 1000 and hold a reflector just outside the trellis to hit her with some light.

6. I like the last shot. It is more old school. Nice series,good lighting and color.

7. The exposures and poses are all good. Spot on technically, but in the first 8 shots, Ashley is trying so hard to look hot that it's painful. As demonstrated in this sample, her facial expressions weren't appealing.

[​IMG]

But you finally "connected" on shots 9-11. In that sequence she was relaxed and the mood was flirty instead of forced-sexy. It brought Ashley's charming personality into play, and makes her look very sexy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like the b&w toning in the final shot, but wish more of the model was in the frame.

[​IMG]

Imho.

8. #10&11 the pose shows a body line above her waist, that if she changed the pose it wouldn't show.they all are very nice. I could use that outdated 70-200,it's junk now that it's outdated.LOL

9. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    uncle frank wrot
    I agree totally on this. very good technich... in the end it works great :) 

10. Thanks. I love long legs and high heels, so I wanted to take a photo of just that... long legs and high heels.

Yeah, I really just wanted the photo to be about her legs. I had seen a similar shot somewhere, and kinda tried to replicate it. Like I said above, I love long legs and high heels. Very sexy. :wink:

Yeah, I noticed that, and even contemplated removing it in photoshop. Just didn't feel like spending that much time on it. I didn't know how else to pose her and still get that "rear end facing the camera with her looking over her shoulder at me" look, without causing that line.

Thanks.

11. actionshooter

actionshooter

Aug 26, 2008
    NY
    Nurse ah? Hum...I feel sick:wink: Nice stuff here.

12. Nice set! My favorite is #4, followed by 9 and 10. And I would have had to shoot that last pic too, for the same reasons you listed.

13. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Nice shots! The setting for the first few does not work for me - the bright walk way and the blue gate in the back is distracting - glad to see you have the wooden door shots - the rest look great!

14. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Very nice series....beautiful model as well!

15. TCMony

TCMony

Jul 20, 2006
    McDonough GA
    I hope this is not your last shoot. JK Great series.

16. Tell me about it. Cough cough...

Thanks

Yeah, I wish the background hadn't been so bright, but we lost our cloud cover about 15 minutes prior, and it was about 2:30 in the afternoon, so the sun was high and bright. Oh well.

Thank you, and I agree ref the model. :wink:

Definitely not. I plan on doing several more shoots with her if she's game.:biggrin:

17. Paintguru

Paintguru

Dec 28, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    Honestly, I don't like the look of her open mouth in 1-3 and 5. My favorite is probably #4. Take my opinion for what it is worth, but she looks better smiling or with her mouth closed.

18. Koran

Koran

Feb 9, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    #4 is my favorite. There is some mystery in it. Great set.

19. Thanks Koran. I think that one is sexy too.

20. Captured very well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.