Updated: A new friend emerges Now with pics.

Updated with Pics on page 2....
Updated on page 3....

For those that dont know what happened you can follow along "Here"

I have finally found a new companion, and will be taking Fagen a 8 month old GSD, home tomorrow after his "surgery" :eek:

I was so looking for another dog that looked like Duke and i found one, a family giving her up. But every time i saw the picture it reminded me to much of Duke and i got emotional. While i was looking at the shelter i did see another GSD but was during the time i was looking for a Duke. I stopped and played with him for a few. Left for work and came back a few days later (weekend). He was still there today ready for adoption. Shelter let me take him out in the yards to play around with him. You could tell he was still mostly puppy at heart (and smelled like one too). He had that playful nibble/bite followed by the lick you to death. He was a owner surrender due to the size he is at 8 months and knowing he still growing. He is at 60ish lbs right now and should grow to around 90ish.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
[/url] IMAG0396 by aiwa1028, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrat's...! :cool:

Fagen sounds (and looks) like a fine fella... Giving him a loving home is the best
way that you could honor Duke...! :wink:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Well done!

And better that he doesn't resemble Duke. Fagen will establish his own personality and mark on you! He will have you trained in no time! LOL!

Sounds like you made a wise decision. Good looking dog. I still have 2 spoiled ones who are great companions.

I'm glad you've been able to find a new canine buddy. It's so hard to lose a pet. It's good to get another to try to fill that hole in your heart.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom