Updates about DVD Burnaway

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by frogpix, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Group,

Got the word from Delkin about their DVD Burnaway for Mac users. You MUST use DVD-RW disks in order for it to record sessions that a Mac can read. They didn't have this in the book, so I went on a trip, wrote a bunch of images to DVD and came home to find I had to go through the horror show of transferring them to a PC, then to my Mac. The recommended (tested) DVD-RW brands are Sony, Imation, and Memorex. The rest might work, but these are the ones that were tested by Delkin techies. Hope this saves somebody else from this mess. Also, if you are traveling by motorcycle, I would recmommend you put your DVDs in some kind of cases that won't get scratched by vibration. Might save a few images.

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Steve (shoulda bought an Epson P2000)

2. Delkin Burnaway

Steve,
    seems strange I have made DVD and Cd's on my DVD Burnaway that worked on Mac ( I used Sony DVD-R and Sony Cd's) what brand of DVD did you use? Didn't you do any tests before your trip?

Popeye

3. They work GREAT unless you try and do more than one session on a DVD. Then the Mac will only read the first session. The guy at the company confirmed this. I did tests, but not multi-session tests.