Updating Distortion Control Data

If you are going to update your D4 with the new Distortion Control Data file (Ver. 1.009) make sure your network connection setting is off. I wasted a few hours this morning first trying to install the update myself, then spending an hour with a “first- level” Nikon tech who had to put me on hold for every question she asked me. She finally moved me onto a real tech, who immediately asked if the network connection was on and to turn it off for the updating. Problem solved!

JPS

If you are going to update your D4 with the new Distortion Control Data file (Ver. 1.009) make sure your network connection setting is off. I wasted a few hours this morning first trying to install the update myself, then spending an hour with a “first- level” Nikon tech who had to put me on hold for every question she asked me. She finally moved me onto a real tech, who immediately asked if the network connection was on and to turn it off for the updating. Problem solved!
Why on earth should the Internet connection be turned OFF ? When you update the firmware in the camera, the *.BIN file is on your blank card and the camera body is NOT connected to Internet, so why does it matter ?

:confused:
J-P.

Why on earth should the Internet connection be turned OFF ? When you update the firmware in the camera, the *.BIN file is on your blank card and the camera body is NOT connected to Internet, so why does it matter ?

:confused:
J-P.
+1, my internet was connected and the upgrade worked fine from my SD card, I used to know everything!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The D4 just did not read the .bin file on the CF card. I put the same .bin file on a SD card in my D600 and it updated without any problem. There was no option to "update" on the firmware version display on the D4. After I turned off the network connection in the network menu, the update option appeared in the firmware version menu.

My network settings on the D4 was set up for the WT-5 if that matters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did mean the network connection settings on the D4 menu for use with a WT-5, not my home Internet connection settings in the original posting.

JPS

I did mean the network connection settings on the D4 menu for use with a WT-5, not my home Internet connection settings in the original posting.
Haaaaaaa ! Why didn't you mention this in the first place ? Now I understand !

.....pfewwww... those fancy gadgets :rolleyes: !

:wink:
J-P.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom