Updating Photoshop CC

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
I can't remember the dates but at some point Adobe made some changes to standardise some of the file locations relating to plugins. But since then nothing has changed and updates should be painless.

Thanks again. So, I just completed the upgrade to the latest version of PS CC, the upgrade went without a flaw. However, I had to do a REINSTALL of Google NIK filter set in order for them to show up under the Filters Tab in PS. All works well after doing the reinstall of NIK filter set.

Considering how often Photoshop CC is updated, if I had to reinstall the old Nik filters each time that happens, it would be well worth the cost for me to buy a license for the DxO Nik filters. Doing so would avoid the hassle of having to reinstall them every time Photoshop CC updates and would provide the new presets DxO has added since taking over the product.

Real Name
Randy
Considering how often Photoshop CC is updated, if I had to reinstall the old Nik filters each time that happens, it would be well worth the cost for me to buy a license for the DxO Nik filters. Doing so would avoid the hassle of having to reinstall them every time Photoshop CC updates and would provide the new presets DxO has added since taking over the product.

+1 for sure
One of the benefits from that 13 a month is easy upgrades almost invisible

I forgot another benefit of purchasing a license for the DxO Nik filters: You get the basic version (not the elite version) of DxO Photo Lab for free. Not that I've ever installed Photo Lab. EDIT: As I think about that, that might have been a promotion that is no longer being offered.

Last edited:
Good exchange and I appreciate it. Given the frequent upgrades to PS, as has been mentioned, it would probably make a lot of sense to purchase the DxO version of NIK filters and have it done with. The DxO software has some added benefits of scalability with a 4K monitor on some of the filters.
Thanks.

Good exchange and I appreciate it. Given the frequent upgrades to PS, as has been mentioned, it would probably make a lot of sense to purchase the DxO version of NIK filters and have it done with. The DxO software has some added benefits of scalability with a 4K monitor on some of the filters.
Thanks.
Thats what I ended up doing..

Or it could just be the difference between the small upgrades where the file locations remain unchanged, and the major (usually annual) upgrades where they change.
It has been a good three of more years since the change took place. When was the last major upgrade?
Windows 10. You might look at the original dialogue which was discussed when the Photoshop change took place. I seem to remember having to MANUALLY move files to a different folder. Re-installation of Nik did not effect the change.
DG

Real Name
Randy
I use the original and free suite and never have to reinstall it. I do get asked every time I start it to buy it and I should just to stop seeing the msg but it’s only once a day and I’m used to it

This is where my plugins are installed. I never have to do anything about it after an adobe update.
(Bibliotheek = Library)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Before Adobe changed the location for the plugins, they were located under a version specific folder in the application folder (programs)
There are still traces of that:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I know it's the folder in Library that is used since that's where the info for DxO FilmPack 5 and DxO Viewpoint 3 are.
And these two plugins are in use.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom