1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Updating to Photoshop CS4?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Cliffords, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Cliffords

Cliffords Guest

2. I just got CS3! Geez, do they want to gouge my wallet some more! It really made me sad seeing Macromedia getting bought out. Lack of competition, equals getting ripped off.

3. The selective RAW adjustments sounds pretty sweet.....

Sean

4. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    The fact that you just bought it has nothing to do with Adobe's development and release cycle. Adobe runs roughly at 18 month cycles. New cars come out every year. It's part of the business and has nothing to do with gouging your wallet. You have the choice to buy or not.

Seriously, I'm confused by your attitude of being ripped off. They sell the product for the price that the market will bear.

5. If you literally "just" got it you should have a free or very reduced upgrade path to CS4.

If the info isn't on the Adobe site I'd give them a call.

Don

6. no plans to update from CS2 to CS4 - but I did just download paint.net (thanks to that link)

pretty nice free proggy (think Photoshop lite)

7. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    What the hell is a "proggy?"

8. proggy = proggie = slang for program

9. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem

Ah.

I wasn't familiar with that particular form of illiteracy. It looks like something I would've expected from a Californian, now that you explain it.

10. There are some nice improvements for me:
    tabbed images
    interaction with LR
    improved photomerge/panorama

And plenty more that I haven't used or found yet.
    Worthwhile?? I think so, however this is no hobby for me and PS is a tool of the trade.

11. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
  12. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
  13. Most certainly will.

14. Unless they revise the pricing scheme for Europe I won't consider an upgrade. I've skipped the LR2 upgrade because of the price and CS4 will probably receive the same treatment from me.

Some of the new features are nice though...

15. You just need to sell some of your pictures Kees, especially the NZ and Aussie ones!!:biggrin::biggrin:

16. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    I have no reason to upgrade from CS3 anytime soon. LR2 provided me with more features and functionality than CS4 ever will.

17. Don't forget that if you are a NAPP member you get 15% discount from Adobe (also discounts and deals from Apple, B&H and lots of other places).

Don

18. I got CS3 a while ago. However, I also upgraded NX to NX2. I find myself doing about 95% of all my processing in NX2. I only use CS3 for cloning stuff out and text effects. That being said, CS4 is on the back burner for me at the moment.

19. yamo

yamo

Jun 28, 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA
  20. Yep, pretty cool stuff !!
    :cool: :cool: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.