Upgrade D80

I am looking to upgrade the camera . I own a Nikon D80. I don't like the
video mode on the D90 & D300. If I want video I would buy a camcorder. So
whats the choice ? Would the D200 be an upgrade ?

I went from a D200 to a D90, and I like it better. I had no desire for video, but I have used it a couple of times and have been pleasantly surprised with the results.

Why do I prefer the D90? Primarily because it is a bit smaller and a whole lot lighter. It also does much better at high iso, and the overall dynamic range and IQ are better.

Well the D300 doesn't have video, the new D300s does. I personally wouldn't let the fact that they have video keep from making your decision. You don't have to use it. Personally I would wait a little bit and see if the price on the D300 comes down as the new D300s starts shipping. The D200 would be an upgrade from the D80 but more in a user interface and controls standpoint, it has controls for everything lol.

Your reasons for upgrading will dictate which body to upgrade to. Do you need better high ISO performance, higher fps and faster focus for sports, AIS metering, better weather sealing, etc.

If you like the d200 you can sell your d80 on ebay and buy a used d200 for practically the same price. I owned a d80 for 20k shots and had a falling out with it over time, but am in love with the d200. :smile:

I am looking to upgrade the camera . I own a Nikon D80. I don't like the
video mode on the D90 & D300. If I want video I would buy a camcorder. So
whats the choice ? Would the D200 be an upgrade ?
they dont have video mode. The D5000 does and i believe the D300s does. The D90 and D300 are both very good cameras, but if you have the money id say upgrade to the D300.

Even if you don't plan on using video, it shouldn't be a deciding factor in which body you choose. Eventually, I suspect video will be in all dslr's, and the price will be built in.

The D300 bodies may fall a little bit, but it will be because of several upgraded features, not the video alone.

I felt that I didn't need or want video in my dslr, but I have to admit that I've enjoyed playing with it in my D5000. I don't use it all the time, but I'm glad it is there. It has certainly changed my feelings towards the video migration that we are seeing.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom