Upgrade from PS 6.0???

I've recently come across a version of Photoshop 6.0 (yes, its legal :) ).
I'm looking into upgrading it. CS3 won't let you upgrade from PS6. I've seen mixed info on whether or not you can upgrade to CS2 from PS6.

Can I get a definite answer on this from anyone?

I've seen some CS2 upgrades still available and want to make sure before I get one.

Thanks.

Chris,

I have PS 6.0 (edu version) for the Mac and was in the same boat as you. I contacted Adobe about upgrading to CS3. They said I couldn't directly, instead I had to get CS2 then upgrade to CS3. So, in April, I purchased the CS2 upgrade. I read that if you purchase the older version within 30 days of the new version shipping, Adobe would upgrade you for free. I contacted then and verified this. After jumping through a few hoops and a couple of weeks, Adobe sent me PS CS3 for a nominal shipping fee. Unfortunately, the offer has since expired.

Bottom line: Yes, you can upgrade 6.0 to CS2. I did not try to directly upgrade 6.0 to CS3, but can attempt to if there are people interested in this.

Mike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is PS 6 for the Mac the same as PS 6 for Windows? I thought the version numbers were different.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom