Upgrade from PS 6.0???

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by cknight, Jun 1, 2007.

1. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    I've recently come across a version of Photoshop 6.0 (yes, its legal :) ).
    I'm looking into upgrading it. CS3 won't let you upgrade from PS6. I've seen mixed info on whether or not you can upgrade to CS2 from PS6.

Can I get a definite answer on this from anyone?

I've seen some CS2 upgrades still available and want to make sure before I get one.

Thanks.

2. Chris,

I have PS 6.0 (edu version) for the Mac and was in the same boat as you. I contacted Adobe about upgrading to CS3. They said I couldn't directly, instead I had to get CS2 then upgrade to CS3. So, in April, I purchased the CS2 upgrade. I read that if you purchase the older version within 30 days of the new version shipping, Adobe would upgrade you for free. I contacted then and verified this. After jumping through a few hoops and a couple of weeks, Adobe sent me PS CS3 for a nominal shipping fee. Unfortunately, the offer has since expired.

Bottom line: Yes, you can upgrade 6.0 to CS2. I did not try to directly upgrade 6.0 to CS3, but can attempt to if there are people interested in this.

Mike

3. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Is PS 6 for the Mac the same as PS 6 for Windows? I thought the version numbers were different.

4. Chris,

I believe they are the same. The current Mac version of PS is version 10/CS3.

Mike