Upgraded to Samsung 213T LCD monitor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cincyMAT, May 27, 2005.

1. All I can say is, SWEEEET!!! Calibrated it with the Pantone Spyder 2 and wow does it look good. I can even rotate it 90 degrees for portrait mode viewing.

Now if some could explain to me how to color calibrate two monitors I'd hook my old 19" CRT back up and use two monitors at once. I'm using Windows XP Pro. My video card has two outputs with the LCD hooked to digital. Can you even use 2 different monitor profiles at the same time?

2. I have one as well Mark - I agree - it's SWEET. :) I heard great things before buying and it has exceeded those expectations. Doesn't suffer from typical LCD issues like "overly bright" or "washed out blacks". It's actually a very good monitor for calibrated viewing and printing.

I too would like to know how to profile two monitors. Anyone?

BTW, I'm considering a Matrox Parhelia card to run 2xdigital output. I'd have the 21" as my main LCD and I'd grab a 19" or 17" for my palettes. I guess that would be double-Sweet. :D

3. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    On a PC, you can't calibrate dual monitor setups independantly (you can with a mac though).

What I do, is calibrate each monitor seperately, then run calibration on the main monitor and have that profile loaded into the LUT.

The ancillary monitors run off the calibrated profile (I have a 3 monitor setup).

I've been looking at that 213T and it looks quite sweet indeed. And dang if it aint dirt cheap compared to my LaCie.

Can you guys speak for the quaility of the monitor in comparision to a LaCie electronblue IV?

4. I didn't think windows would allow running of separate monitor profiles for each monitor. I'm thinking the best thing would be to use the profile for the monitor displaying the working photo and use the other monitors controls to give a "visual" match.

I didn't compare the Samsung with the LaCie as my dealer doesn't sell that brand. I did look at Viewsonic, BenQ, Apple, and Sony. The Samsung has a more neutral look.

Thanks for your inputs.

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Can't be done, but why do you care? EDIT

As Greg said, you can't profile both monitors at the same time, I tried this myself. I have heard about using dual vid cards, that would allow you to do this, but if your 2nd monitor is going to be for your tool placement, and or surfing/email, why would you even care?

6. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    My setup:
    #1: Image browser
    #2: Main window (center)
    #3: Tool pallets (including navigation window)

In all three monitors, there's an an image, so color casts become quite apparent on my setup.

BTW, I don't use the 'net on my graphics workstation. It's pretty much just my graphics workstation. My internet box is a simple dual-monitor setup.

7. Joe,

Just in case you haven't seen it I've struggled with the Parhelia successfully. Let me know when/iff you need help.

Rich