1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Upper East Tennessee

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by johnclen, Jul 10, 2018.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    #2 is my fav! Excellent capture and processing.

#1 is a nice scene, but there seems to be two subjects. The waterfall on the left and the small rapids on the right. Perhaps there was a stronger composition focusing on a single subject of a composition where the waterfall and rapids had a stronger connection to each other.

2. Thanks Karen , I've got ones of just the falls , but they are just waterfall pictures and don't really stand out, was trying to set up the size of these large falls ( Laurel Falls in Cherokee National Forrest ) with the leading lines from the lower left with the small cascades . Thanks , and I appreciate the comments

3. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Perhaps getting closer and really low to foreground rocks would have emphasized the size of the waterfall???

4. couldn't get much closer directly to the big falls because of the large and deep pool at the base of the falls, but I could of waded a bit more in to stream of water in front of the small cascade and tried that angle , I was already about a foot above the ground . thanks again!

5. Love the layers in #3 and 4

6. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    Nice pics

Where is this ? (I'm about an hour away)

7. Very nice set. I like them all.

8. thanks, sorry about the delay. These were taken at Roan Mountain state park , and Laurel falls ( not the one in GSMNP)

9. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

These are beautiful!

10. Very nice, I like #1 and #4 the best. On #1 a closer crop improves the image IMHO.

11. 2 and 4 stand out. Lovely. I completely get Karen's points about #1, having been guilty of the same "crime" so many times myself. Waterfalls, like sunsets, are so easy, yet so hard too!

12. Thanks Lyndee Lou , Gordon and Nick. I appreciate the comments and Critiques !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.