Upper Emerald Pool

Hope you aren't getting sick of my Zion and Bryce landscape shots. It was such a long winter indoors for me, I'm excited to have new landscapes to post process. I thought that the little girl added a nice element to the photo.

p957527428.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Below is the B& W that Geoff suggested. At first I didn't think a B&W would be very good, because it is the colors of Zion that I find so beautiful. But, I was wrong. The B&W really brings out the textures, which are just as beautiful as the colors.

View attachment 878954

Last edited by a moderator:
What a wonderful image Terri. The little girl sure adds perspective. Well captured IMHO - I'd like to see it in b+w as well !!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
They are both outstanding. I love the little girl in it, as it gives the image a sense of scale.

I have got to get there one day. In the meantime, Terri - fantastic shooting!

I prefer the color, it gives much more dimension.
What wide angle were you using...something under 17?

Terri,

I assume that little girl is you with a timed release :)

Good idea to include her in the composition and with her facing the waterfall!

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Hope you aren't getting sick of my Zion and Bryce landscape shots.

Well, now you mention it: NO NO NO NO!
I hope to see a lot more of your beautiful scapes, Terri!

And the little girl works very good in the photo: the scale is revealed and the contrast between the "innocence" of the little girl and the harsh unmindful power of the fall is very good!

Great images Terri. I personally prefer the color on this one. I love the different colored rocks that make up this area.

Terri,

I assume that little girl is you with a timed release :)

Good idea to include her in the composition and with her facing the waterfall!

It was luck to have the little girl facing the waterfall. There were several kids climbing on the rocks. I just waited until most of them were out of the frame. I had to clone out one boy. Thanks.

The b+w works well Terri - try turning up the contrast a bit as well d
for an experiment.

Thanks for the suggestion Geoff.

Well, now you mention it: NO NO NO NO!
I hope to see a lot more of your beautiful scapes, Terri!

And the little girl works very good in the photo: the scale is revealed and the contrast between the "innocence" of the little girl and the harsh unmindful power of the fall is very good!

Thanks, Rob. I'm glad I am not getting on your nerves by posting so many.

Beautiful, Terri - both in colour and B&W.

I'm jealous of your landscapes you have on your doorstep!

Thanks, Phil. I'm grateful we do live in such a beautiful part of the world.

Great images Terri. I personally prefer the color on this one. I love the different colored rocks that make up this area.

Thanks, Art. The colors in Zion are so incredible.

Fine work Terri. A friend of mine who is a published professional photographer noted in reviewing some of my work, the importance of an element within a composition that will draw the eye. In this case the young girl elevates this photo from snapshot to much more. Personally, I like the black and white because it gives a timeless feel to the images that simply works. So many of the landscape masters of long ago worked almost exclusively in black and white. The color has some interesting tones but I prefer to take in the whole composition, pondering the presence of the girl and what this scene means to her. Black and white allows me to do that. There you have one man's opinion... for whatever it is worth.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom