Upper Falls - Yellowstone River

Hard to do justice to its grandeur at midday, but . . .

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

catalyst

Hi Catalyst:

Wow, I'd forgotten just how beautiful that place was. Very nice shot! How did you meter for this?

I post a reply to this last night and forgot to hit the submit button (again)

Beautiful shot.

If you have PSCS, I would be tempted to run shadow/highlights, just to see whats there.

Maybe it is just the small size of image. Never know what im seeing on net photos sometimes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Lisa and Gale -

Thanks for having a look.

Lisa, on this one I used center-weighted metering, and I took the reading off of the part of the waterfall that was shaded. It was tricky to hold down all the whites, and I would up using -0.33 EV.

Gale, I did take a look using shadows/highlights but honestly don't recall whether I applied any - not much if at all.

Since I always work things up at home on a PowerBook, I'm never quite sure what the images look like on a PC/CRT until I sneak a peek at the office - LOL.

catalyst

Wondeful image...I understand what you mean about capturing the grandeur...I have shot hundreds of images while at the Grand Canyon. They look nice but come short of depicting what it actually there. Thanks for posting....

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom