Upper Falls - Yellowstone River

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by catalyst, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Hard to do justice to its grandeur at midday, but . . .

46581161.original.

catalyst

2. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Hi Catalyst:

Wow, I'd forgotten just how beautiful that place was. Very nice shot! How did you meter for this?

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I post a reply to this last night and forgot to hit the submit button (again)

Beautiful shot.

If you have PSCS, I would be tempted to run shadow/highlights, just to see whats there.

Maybe it is just the small size of image. Never know what im seeing on net photos sometimes.

4. Hi Lisa and Gale -

Thanks for having a look.

Lisa, on this one I used center-weighted metering, and I took the reading off of the part of the waterfall that was shaded. It was tricky to hold down all the whites, and I would up using -0.33 EV.

Gale, I did take a look using shadows/highlights but honestly don't recall whether I applied any - not much if at all.

Since I always work things up at home on a PowerBook, I'm never quite sure what the images look like on a PC/CRT until I sneak a peek at the office - LOL.

catalyst

5. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Whoa almost surreal. Great shot!
    nice name too :D

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wondeful image...I understand what you mean about capturing the grandeur...I have shot hundreds of images while at the Grand Canyon. They look nice but come short of depicting what it actually there. Thanks for posting....

7. Very nice! Captures the scenery very well, making me want to visit there! ;)