UPS Arrived :)

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by jfenton, Apr 27, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Brandy new D2X Kit, serial # 5x194xx...and of course it's POURING outdoors and we have a flood watch in effect. From what I can see of the weather it may be Sunday before I can get an opportunity to really try this thing out.

There was a nice letter stating that they never found an issue with my camera and that it met all factory specifications....however, they'd like to keep it to "study it further" and therefore they are replacing my existing camera with a new one.

there is also a statement that reads:

"Nikon, Inc. will be publishing an Informational Document shortly. This will be our first in a planned seies that will focus on important topics and enhance the useage of our new D2X cameras."

Keeping my fingers crossed......

2. Good luck with your new camera. Hope it is all that it is supposed to be.

3. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    well

Jim,

You could set up your tripod and shoot the focus chart! It won't assuage your concerns over the bird focus issues, but you could at least see something focus correctly. ;)

Congrats on hanging in there and getting the right response.

Tom

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jim,

I could come up and you could shoot me running up and down your halls.... :D

Congrat's and best of luck with this one. ;-)

Frank

5. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Frank

Now there's something I'd look forward to.,.....NOT!

By the way...I just sent you one of those PM thingys.

6. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    twEEEEber

I've never shot a focus chart in my life and I have no intentions of starting now :)

It's probably useful but it seems pretty useless as compared to shooting something alive?

Course, I am a masshole and therefore probably don't really know nothing anyways.

7. That is awesome! Lets hope you get some nice pictures now for a change! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Sorry, couldn't resist that one!

BEST of luck with it!! :D :D

8. Have fun with that BEAST of a camera!! :D :D :D

9. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

10. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Monty

The rain has finally stopped but I'm working late today. I'll be out on the salt Marsh early tomorrow AM and I'll get to work late but I need to know that this camera is working OK.

I'll report as soon as I have real evidence one way or another.

11. Hi Jim..........

I have everything and I mean everything crossed that your new cam meets your expectations and performs flawlessly!!!!! Miss the great pics............. Did they replace Ron's?

p.s I would pay to see you shoot Frank running up and down your hallways :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: Hi Jim..........

Hey, you take up a collection towards my 400 2.8 and I'll run up and down the halls in my skiveys.... :lol:

On second thought. :roll:

Frank

13. Jim,

I have been watching your thread and good to hear that Nikon finally heard you when you told them to replace your other one.

Who knows we may all have to send ours in for another one. I hope that it turns up to be a firmware problem but more than likely, it is a hardware problem.