UPS Frustrations

It's scary buying used

I can't relate to the concept that it's scary buying used. I do so whenever practical. Of my current system of one camera body and four lenses, all but two of the lenses were bought used. Similarly, though I bought my first car new in 1972, every other car I've bought since then was used. I've bought only two houses and both were used.

I've bought quite a few lenses and bodies used and fortunately haven't had any problems. Yet...... I also can say that I was one of those people that bought new and was very dissatisfied. I didn't feel it was right returning it for that reason. So I sold it and made someone happy with the deal they got on a like new body.

Late on Sunday I ordered something from Amazon, and the delivery date was to be on Tuesday, which was reasonable given that I had waited until Sunday evening to place the order..... However, the order got stalled somewhere along the line and actually wasn’t delivered until today. Amazon did keep me informed, though, telling me yesterday afternoon that the package wasn’t going to arrive that day as expected, and that was fine. It wasn’t anything I needed in a hurry, but just glad that it did arrive safely!

JLH

Terri: I just had to check back and see if your camera made it. Good, you have it! I have had some items "delayed" in the past and understand the frustration. Enjoy your new camera and go have some fun with it!
Also: I have bought both new and used gear. I have never had a problem with used gear...yet! knock on wood.....but I am careful and use due diligence when buying used. I have a lady at Murphy's camera here in Louisville who has always steered me right on used gear. Guess that is why I continue to shop there for all these years.

Had similar stuff happen with motorcycle parts. Shipped from FL area, when straight to Idaho then back to WI.

Had a delivery from Fed Ex that was supposed to arrive yesterday. Had a note to the driver not to deliver it until after 3pm. Of course they ignored it and showed at 11am (my security camera alerted me). Called them up and was told they "dont have drivers making deliveries after 3pm" when I asked if they can make sure its delivered after 3pmn(yeah right, I've seen FedEx trucks go by my house at 8pm). It requires an adult signature, cannot be held at the hub or store, MUST be delivered to the address per shipper restriction. They did say they will deliver it saturday when I asked them.

I sent a camera from Texas to a buyer in Los Angeles. First two FedEx attempts were tagged 'unable to find address'. The buyer was mighty suspicious of me saying that FedEx comes to his townhouse often.
Anyway third attempt was successful. Several days of unhappy worry delay.

Latest threads

Top Bottom