1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Upsizing a D2Hs NEF file

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by InitialD, Apr 22, 2007.

1. InitialD

InitialD

Mar 12, 2007
    Malaysia
    Don't know if I'm posting in the correct forum but I am looking for some advice on upsizing a D2Hs file for printing. The file is in uncompressed NEF format and I'd like to print it to 11" x 16" at 300 dpi. What's the recommended sharpening technique do I need to use?

No, it's no billboard size but I thought there could be better ways of doing it other than the one I'm familiar under Nikon Capture 4.4.2. Plugin in CS2? I'm open to suggestions. I am Photoshop illiterate and would welcome steps on how to get the required output. Thanks.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jason
    Have you cropped the image at all yet
    Are you sure about the size you want. 11x16 is an odd size.
    Now that really doesn't matter that much if the image will holld that crop.
    Let me know what you have done so far
    When I save my raw file from NC 4.4.2 I save as a tiff to go to PS.

3. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Jason - I sent you a PM. Please respond.

4. Stephen Fox

Stephen Fox Guest

I would interpolate in NX or Capture as output must be better using the bayer data rather than pixels available in TIFF. NX allows setting of dpi and size hence works out pixel size for you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.