Urban Clutter

Hi All

The Manitoba Legislature is a limestone neoclassical building - beautiful when viewed from the right angle. Some views through urban clutter are less flattering.

To get a sense of scale - the Golden Boy (officially "Eternal Youth") atop the dome is 17' high and his torch is 250' above ground level.

Cheers,

Larry

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
At last! I never knew what the Golden Boy of Manitoba was.

Back in 1982 I moved into a house in Brighton UK and by agreement took on all the furniture and quite a lot of the belongings of the previous resident. On a high shelf in the living room were lots of ornamental plates. One of them was of the Golden Boy of Manitoba.

Alright, I'll go quietly now :frown:

Hi Brian

I'm glad you now know. Do you still have the plate?

Maybe of interest - Sculpted and cast in France, the statute spent the First World War in the hold of a ship, crisscrossing the Atlantic Ocean after the ship was commandeered for troop transport.

Larry

Hi Brian

I'm glad you now know. Do you still have the plate?

Maybe of interest - Sculpted and cast in France, the statute spent the First World War in the hold of a ship, crisscrossing the Atlantic Ocean after the ship was commandeered for troop transport.

Larry
Amazing story. I seem to have lost the plate in the move from Rochdale to Isle of Skye. I'm still eating off some of the others that I found though. Does that make me a bit of a cheapskate?

Latest posts

Top Bottom