Urban Exploration of Abandoned Hospital

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by EdinburghGary, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Hi Guys,

These photos caused quite a stir last week here in Scotland (Our National health Service left personal medical files behind in this place and I without meaning to, let it slip to the BBC). Made national news, which p*ssed a few urban explorers off (understandably), however saying that, the story has died down somewhat.

This is Law Hospital, Central Scotland. I love this type of photography!!!

Dead Cold:
    2650985942_4c3e5e9a55_o.png

Elevator Shaft:
    View attachment 221561

The photography department:
    View attachment 221562

Hanging out the washing:
    View attachment 221563

C.S.I:
    View attachment 221565

En Suite:
    View attachment 221566

Clean Kitchen:
    View attachment 221567

Soda Machine:
    View attachment 221569

Don't Slip:
    2650159819_f886668583_o.png

Shower Time:
    View attachment 221571

Thanks for looking, the entire set is available to see here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottishsnaps/collections/72157605889707789/

And the news story:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7499749.stm

As I said, I did not intend for a story to break out, I submitted a pic to their weekly gallery and it all kicked off afterwards.
    I am just off to read your rules to make sure I have broken no size limits / number of pics limits. Probably should have read first!!

Hope you enjoy,

Gary.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2008
  2. Great shots Gary. The deathly atmosphere of the building really comes through in the pictures. I particularly like your "shower room" picture.

keep up the good work.

its nice to know our nhs service does things there own way.

3. eerie shots
    interesting story about the left-behind records

thanks for sharing these with us

4. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Very interesting shots, looks like a pretty creepy place to me

5. Great job Gary! I love this kind of stuff, and very well done - thanks for sharing! :biggrin:

6. Some good shots there Gary. I like this sort of exploration. I also saw the article on the news and none of it suprised me.

Some time ago, when I was working at the University of Manchester I was walling past the rubbish bins when I came open cardboard boxes spilling their contents on the ground. They turned out to be thousands of record cards of student applications with all their personal details. I called the relevant departments but it was amazing how difficult it was to interest them in clearing up this privacy nightmare.

Do I take the publicity has put an end to this photographic paradise?

7. Friday it was all over the news, Sunday I was back, and access was as easy as ever :)

Storm in a teacup, they clearly just don't care.

G.

8. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Nice series.........I like the 1st out of the series..........I keep getting drawn to the light of the open door........very mysterious and spooky.

9. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Great series Greg! Based on the paint peels, I sure hope it has been abandoned for a long time.

10. Spooky! Lovely sense of an abandoned place; you can just about hear the silence! That first shot is incredible! Bravo!

11. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
    Very good - love the first one a lot.

12. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    I have to agree, it's scarry. Don't know that I'd be wondering around in there. But glad that you did. Great series.