Urban Life Malmö

Discussion in 'People' started by Sunesha, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Sunesha

Sunesha

May 3, 2007
    Malmoe, Sweden
    I am working on a collection, that I want be around 30 photos. This is my first 7 photos I handpicked. It is maybe the wrong area to post them, but I guess it is kinda some street life photography. At least my idea for the theme is kinda tied together. I know what I looking for. I taken photos over 4 months, maybe 3-5 sessions a month. The key is to have summer, winter, fall in the photos. So I still collecting

Please comment if you think some photo doesnt hold the same quality as the others.

I usually dont do people in my photos, I am more architecture and landscape guy.

[​IMG]
    Rainy march
    [​IMG]
    Rainy day at Möllevången. (too busy? or enough?)
    [​IMG]
    SMS. (shall I crop out the chair at the right?)
    [​IMG]
    Envoirment friendly traffic.(More contrast? I cant decide)
    [​IMG]
    I missed the bus.
    [​IMG]
    Escaping into the light
    [​IMG]
    Long way home

2. Sunesha

Sunesha

May 3, 2007
    Malmoe, Sweden
    Hmm I guess it maybe doesnt get throu as I wanted, I left subjects in focus that are the subject. Maybe the blur distract viewer. Maybe I shall not use slow shutter speed on moving subjects. I think it is just make subjects alive from a dead background. Do you guys get distracted ?

Maybe I shall do more hyperfocal super tack sharp photos?

It is intented to be blurred on "I missed bus"

In Rainy march, rain, focus on child wagon.
    In rainyday, focus was on umbrella
    In sms, hyperfocal (all in focus)
    In envoirment friendly traffic, hyperfocal, shutterspeed slow enough to blur bicycles
    In escape into light, hyperfocal, shutterspeed slow enough to blur bicycle
    In Long way home, hyperfocal

3. Sunesha

Sunesha

May 3, 2007
    Malmoe, Sweden
    Maybe even slower shutterspeed?

I started to think it through, just make people a bit blurred isnt maybe good, make them even more blurred make it better...

4. Sunesha

Sunesha

May 3, 2007
    Malmoe, Sweden
    Shall I trash the "blurry" ones and just keep SMS and Escape into the light. I think I have to change the style. Looking at the photos with new eyes since publishing them. I start to consider it is important to keep human subjects "freezed". I kinda like SMS more for the contrast in the buildnings, but otherwise dull photo. Escape into light is a old favorite with my other photo in same style. Always hard, think gotta view the photos from other peoples eyes.

Which is probaly blurred enough.

[​IMG]