1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Urban sculpture of a great friend of children from my generation

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Rui Lopes, Aug 17, 2009.

1. URBAN SCULPTURE AT THE "PLAZA MAYOR" OF PONFERRADA, BEING A TRIBUTE TO A GREAT FRIEND OF CHILDREN FROM THE 60´s AND 70´s - THE SELLER OF BISCUITS. THOSE GUYS USED TO ANNOUNCE THEIR ARRIVAL BY A CHARACTERISTIC WHISTLE SOUND. I BELIEVE THAT SUCH SOUND IS STILL IN THE EARS OF PEOPLE FROM MY GENERATION....

116182581.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rui

D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

2. Very cool Rui. You always have such good info about all your shots. Its a pleasure.
    Barb

3. Hi, Barb. Thanks for commenting.
    First of all, I am aware that as an european citizen, some of the common things that surrounds me, may be somehow different and unusual there,at the other side of the Atlantic. That's why I always try to provide additional information on my posts.
    However, sometimes, I fear that some will become boring and misunderstood as, apparently, people out there do prefer the most common yet impressive buildings and landscapes... (e.g. this post - 20 views, 1 comment).
    Anyway, I'll keep posting what I´ll find interesting and informative!:wink:
    Thanks again for commenting.:smile:

Rui

D300, D200, coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass.

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

4. Nice tribute to that man or "men" :smile:

5. Cool photo and history behind the statue. Thanks for sharing Rui.

God Bless,
    David

6. Thanks for commenting, Dez.

Thanks, David.

Rui
    D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon :smile:glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

7. Rob Zijlstra

Rob Zijlstra A Koffie Drinker

Nov 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    I -almost:biggrin:- always enjoy the pictures and your comments around them. But I do not always have the time to comment. (always saying 'nice', 'great' etc gets a bit stupid IMHO:smile:) 

But keep them coming!

8. I know that. And, I agree that it´s not cool to be mechanically repeating always the same "kind" words. However, that was not my point...as you may already noticed, sometimes folks do not give feedback to critique requests either good or bad...
    The point I was trying to made was that sometimes I´m not sure whether telling an history behind a picture could turn it boring, as apparently, people prefer less informative images.
    Thanks for your comment.:wink:

Rui

D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

9. Don't ever stop. Anyone bored by your words or your images has no adventure in their soul.

I was reviewing your PBase galleries again recently and am, as usual, so impressed with your caring treatment of your travel images and especially those of your native Portugal. I've told you this before, but I say it again; you should share Portugal with the world in a picture book.

10. I remember the exact same guy with that "machine" and the noise they made when spinning the top. Yes, we had them where I come from.

11. Many thanks for the kind words, Mike. However in this case, the image couldn´t be included in such a book as it was taken in Spain.

Really? Where was it, Alex?

Rui

D300, D200, coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass.

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

12. "However, sometimes, I fear that some will become boring and misunderstood as, apparently, people out there do prefer the most common yet impressive buildings and landscapes... (e.g. this post - 20 views, 1 comment).
    Anyway, I'll keep posting what I´ll find interesting and informative!"

Your posts are never boring. It's always a pleasure to see into another culture. Keep posting.

Les

13. Thanks for your support:smile:

Rui
    D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon :smile:glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.