Urban senior shoot

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Nchesher, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    Well I finally managed to book a senior and it went great. I'm really starting to love the urban shots. Most of my shoots are at natural scenes. It's really nice to break up the routine. Anyways all shot with my 28-70 & 80-200 AF-S. SB-800 off camera in most shots. These are just the first few I've done real quick. I'm looking forward to doing the rest but it's time for bed. Enjoy.

NCP_0093diaz.

NCP_0057.

NCP_0121BW.

NCP_0191.

NCP_0071BW.

NCP_0092.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2008
  2. well i think they look great. :smile:

3. Very nice work Nathan. What was your lighting setup for these?

4. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Awesome shots, I like em all! Have you finished any "portrait" ones instead of landscape?

5. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    No not yet. The were the first few I did. I did shoot a bunch portrait orientation though.

Keith---just a SB800 off cam but I can't remember for which. The blue wall obviously had flash but some didn't.

6. These are great Nathan! The blue wall is fantastic!

7. Nice shots! Did you scout out the location first or did you wing it? either way, good choice!

8. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Pretty awesome. Did you paint that wall in CS3...I have one almost exactly that one...but I used a filter to paint it. The girl loved it. She said "I don't remember that wall being blue"...:confused: 

Great work!

9. That's what I was thinking, but wanted to be sure. Do you use any modifiers for the SB800 or just the supplied diffuser?

10. rocksgirl

rocksgirl Guest

Really great job.

11. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    Seneca, no light painting. I did my typical PP'ing and then duped the layer erasing him out. On the top layer I increased saturation a bit and also sponge tooled a litle more in selected areas. I then did a vignette to highlight him a bit more. The 1st blue one is a little more edgy PPing. I went a step further with it compared to the closer shot.

Keith, No modifiers or diffusion this time. I use a demb alot and umbrellas. I was going to use my umbrella this time but forgot it at home. The flash is probably 6-8 ft away but set to like 70MM+ I like to be able to really focus it.

12. MurphyD

MurphyD

Jan 17, 2007
    South Texas
    Super work. Different looks and different poses. Wide range of lighting that are all well done. Good composition and it looks like the young man was comfortable. This is doing it right.
    David

13. Ditto to all the accolades, and may I say I really like your watermark. Very stylish! you and the urban look took to each other like the proverbial duck and water. Keep posting!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.