Critique Urbanflyer's 52 week project 2020--Week 52!!

Week 32:--Three Blue Columns--Finally braved downtown briefly to get my hair cut--usually get it cut every 6-8 weeks and it had been nearly 6 months. Had not seen these before. My cell phone photo was quite flat so this became a challenge in PP.

50200517428_bba4d77b89_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
columns-blue by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Week 34: Displaced Mountain Goat--While descending from the summit of Mt Margaret, a small peak in the Washington Cascades, we found this wonderful friend bedding down on our trail. His collar suggests he is one of the goats translocated from the Olympic Mountains to the Cascades. We had to displace him as well as there was not room on the ridge for us to find an alternate route down. Mountain goats are one of my favorite animals so this was a special treat for me.

50261661032_f368c668cd_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Displaced Mountain Goat by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Week 34: Displaced Mountain Goat--While descending from the summit of Mt Margaret, a small peak in the Washington Cascades, we found this wonderful friend bedding down on our trail. His collar suggests he is one of the goats translocated from the Olympic Mountains to the Cascades. We had to displace him as well as there was not room on the ridge for us to find an alternate route down. Mountain goats are one of my favorite animals so this was a special treat for me.

View attachment 1668452 Displaced Mountain Goat by urbanflyer, on Flickr
I love them, too!

Oh, how cool! He looks large in the photo. I've never seen a mountain goat up close and in person. Was he nice and cooperative in moving out of the way so that you could continue your way back down the trail?!

Goats are big and powerful and have been known to kill people when pressed. Just like bison in Yellowstone, you want to keep your distance and be wary. Those that have been translocated are often not to skittish around people. We kept our distance and ultimately had to throw rocks close to him to get him to move along. It was truly wonderful to see him/her.

Latest threads

Top Bottom