Urgent message from Art Morris

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TOLady, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not sure if you know Art Morris, aka Birds As Art, an incredible wildlife photographer. Some of his fans have received this urgent message. Some may view this as political but this is about the ANIMALS so that transcends politics in my books. Come on Americans, pls pull together to stop this from happening, contact your senators. If you're not sure what it's all about, google it and read, this is going to endanger the natural wildlife habitat of thousands of animals in their natural settings.

"BIRDS AS ART URGENT NOTE
    DECEMBER 20, 2005

visit: www.birdsasart.com

URGENT NOTE ON ANWR OIL-DRILLING BILL; HELP NEEDED TODAY: TUESDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2006.

Late Sunday night the House of Representatives voted to open the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge to oil drilling. Then our representatives left Washington, DC to go home for Christmas.

Earlier this autumn, the Senate defeated a similar provision to open ANWR to oil extraction. Over the weekend, in a last-minute move, Alaska's Senator Stevens inserted an amendment to open ANWR into a defense spending bill. The defense bill, with the ANWR rider, is scheduled for vote by the Senate on Wednesday, December 21.

Environmental advocates have worked long and hard to protect this Alaska wilderness, which would be altered forever by oil exploration and extraction. If the bill passes Wednesday, dreams of keeping these magnificent Alaskan lands pristine will be shattered.

If you care about this issue and have a few moments to spare, please call or email your Senators to share your views. If you don't know how to reach your Senators, visit www.senate.gov and select your state. The telephone numbers and email contacts for your Senators will appear. It only takes a moment to contact them. It could take an eternity to repair the damage that oil exploration will create. Your help is needed today to stop the abomination of ANWR drilling. Please stop what you are doing and contact your senator today. "

2. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    An additional add-on to that bill was more relief money for hurricane Katrina victims. See my rant post for a different twist. They can't be lumping 3 seperate items into one bill......well, they can and they have, and they do it all the time. The Marine Mammal Protection Act was virtually wiped out awhile back by the same tactics.

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    As an American I am aware of what is occuring and have been in contact with my Representatives for sevaral years regarding this. It is our job as inhabitants of this earth to be informed.

I understand the need to get this information out to the public and as a fan of Art Morris' photography I respect him for that. However, the cafe is going to have to sit this one out. There are too many differening views on this sensitive subject of Anwar in order for it to be a calm debate or dialog.

Thanks for the support,