US Air Force Thunderbirds & more

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Mike__B, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Seems that this past weekend was popular for airshows as shown by the great images posted here of the Blue Angles and Canada's Snowbirds by others. This was the 50 year anniversary of Little Rock Air Force Base and they put on their biggest show ever - over 2 days. Our local camera store "Bedford Camera" in conjunction with Nikon had a display with demo cameras and lenses, but, best of all they had a "Nikon users only" elevated stand near the runway which provided a great advantage for getting (or at least attempting) good shots. BTW I was next to a guy shooting with a 200-400mm lens, I felt rather poorly prepared with my 70-300D except when he said he needed a wider lens at one point where I had gotten the shot at 70mm (I seriously lust for that lens....keep dreaming Mike). Please feel free to comment good or bad, help me learn.

View attachment 16805
    View attachment 16806
    View attachment 16807
    View attachment 16808
    View attachment 16809

Thanks for looking.

Mike

2. Wonderful shots, Mike. I always like air shows, and thanks for posting.

3. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    That C-17 is a cool plane, for a heavy that is.

4. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Nice work. Please post some more.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOW Mike,

You work on these is Poster perfect. Great job.

Love seeing these planes.
    The air show at Patrick Air Force Base was cancelled again this year.

We haven't had one since the 911.

Guess we are just to stragically placed.

I was already to go and try my hand at it.

6. Great shots, Mike! Thanks for posting.

My Dream: A good airshow photoshoot opportunity :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7. Mike,

You did good on those, very good. I love airshows myself, and the Blue Angels did not disappoint in that regard, last week over the San Francisco Bay.

8. Henk

Henk Guest

AWESOME Mike!!!!!!!

9. Thanks to all for the kind comments. This was the first air show I've been to in years, now looking forward to the next one.

Gale, sorry your show has been cancelled, I'm sure you would have gotten some great photos.

Todd, yea the C17 is amazing - it seems to defy the laws of physics, it is huge for sure.

Thanks again,

Mike

10. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots, Mike! I lived in LR for many years back in the 70s & 80s and went to an airshow at LRAFB once. It was quite a show and it looks like they did another good one this year. Looks like you had a lot better weather for the show photos than I had here. A C-17 flew here also. Thanks for sharing!