US Capitol 2/21/21

Sad that I'm liking this -- but it, the liking, is due to the photographic presentation of current reality and how you've shot it rather than to the image it is representing, If that makes any sense. I like the way you shot and present the image but I don't like what it is also representing as a new and different way (and still at the moment) a current way of viewing a symbol of our nation and our nation's capitol...... Hearbreaking, this.....

Very defining photo and excellent in monochrome. This brings tears to my eyes. In my youth I lived just outside of DC and fondly remember just being able to walk into the capital building with friends. Couple guards standing around keeping their eyes on us teenagers. Seeing members of congress walking the halls, sitting in the chamber galleries watching the senate and house in session (with a prerequisite gallery pass), riding on the mini-subway to the senate office building. Having a tough time processing this and wondering if civility and calmer discourse will ever return to this country in my lifetime.

I'm agreeing with the others. I wasn't aware of the fence. You brought it to my attention so well. It certainly makes me sad. I've never been to Washington D.C. Hopefully it won't be like this forever. I would love to visit someday.

Very moving, because of the way the artist chose to frame and depict the scene.
Very nicely done. It certainly says a lot, but leaves enough in question that we can each fill in the blanks to ourselves.
People have built careers out of less- this is that good.
gary

Great image. Old saying is when the rulers fear the citizens it is a democracy. When the citizens fear the rulers, it is tereny. I think the razor wire is on the wrong side of the fence.
Maybe we could lock them in until they get their job done. If you deliver mail, goal is to do the route. Work in a factory, make x # of parts. Executive in business have a written set of goals. Do them, get a raise. Fail get fired. What are their goals and they rarely get fired. Don’t know what it is, but something must change.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom