US Ice Dance Final

I was recently (last week) out in Hyannis for the 2020 US Ice Dance Final which featured ice dance teams from Juvenile to Senior. I photograph a lot of skating, but I find dance and pairs the hardest to do - I really have to work at keeping both skaters in focus and in frame. But, it is my favorite event to photograph. Here are a few.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

WOW!! Challenging to shoot, but imagine how challenging to actually execute?! I am always impressed by the athleticism, strength and gracefulness that ifigure skaters demonstrate.
I understand scoring on singles skating, but dance is still a little beyond my grasp. But, what I have learned, is the better skaters make it look like it is easy and they are not working at it...

The Skills of the performers are Amazing.... and you captured some great moments there... 👏

Thanks for posting.. (y)
Thanks!

Nice set, Kevin!
Thanks Andy!

Those are really nice shots taken in challenging conditions. Aside from being very sharp the white balance looks spot on. While I don't follow the dance or pairs competitons as much as I do the singles, I don't think I have ever seen a lift like the one being carried out by the competitors in your second image. It's really an interesting variation to the norm.

Those are really nice shots taken in challenging conditions. Aside from being very sharp the white balance looks spot on. While I don't follow the dance or pairs competitons as much as I do the singles, I don't think I have ever seen a lift like the one being carried out by the competitors in your second image. It's really an interesting variation to the norm.
There were LED lights in the arena, and I use the ice as my grey card. I was wondering how long it would take to notice the lift in image #2.... nope, don't see that too often.

Thanks!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom