US or Import, how do you tell the difference?

They're all imports. None of them are made in the US.

If you mean which Nikon bodies were intended by Nikon to be used in the US then I think all the serial numbers begin with a 3.

Ronnie

one way is look at the tag on the charger usually the county it was meant to be shipped to is on the cord US JP or post the ser# to your nikon page that will tel you too

Sorry that doesn't work

I own an F100, D1H, D1X, D2H, D2X, D300, and D3; only the D300 starts with a 3 and all are Nikon USA models and registered with Nikon.

I own an F100, D1H, D1X, D2H, D2X, D300, and D3; only the D300 starts with a 3 and all are Nikon USA models and registered with Nikon.
And now I can't find where I found this info out. :eek: I'm sure there was a list of country codes posted somewhere which claimed all US bodies (it didn't apply to lenses) started with a 3, all UK with an 8 and all Japanese with a 2 (there were other codes too but I can't remember them). This fitted all the bodies I knew at the time too (4 off UK and 1 off Japanese).

Sorry for any confusion. :rolleyes:

Ronnie

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom