USA Model

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by dcampos, Jun 6, 2007.

1. dcampos

dcampos Guest

I just bought a D200 USA Model. Is there anything on the camera body itself that will distinguish that it is indeed a USA model as compared to an import?
  2. I think its just the serial number..
  3. dcampos

dcampos Guest

Interesting. Well, that's good to know. Thanks.
  4. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    sticker inside Battery compartment too I think.

5. dcampos

dcampos Guest

Hmmmmmm.......I'm not seeing a sticker on the inside. The bottom of my camera says "Made in Thailand." It also says Nikon Corp. Japan. Should I be suspicious that I was sold an import?

6. No sticker on the D200. Your serial number will start with a 3 if it is USA.
  7. dcampos

dcampos Guest

Thanks for that reply. Sure enough, my serial starts with a 3. I can rest easy now in knowing that I didn't pay the extra money for nothing, well, relatively speaking.
  8. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Got mine the week it hit the street.
    300xxxx..japan..see nothing in battery comp
  9. Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    There should also be a card about the size and weight of a postcard with a 1 year Nikon USA warranty. Most important, save your original reciept, you will need to send a copy in with any warranty repairs, if needed.
  10. David,

Only the D1/2 series has a Nikon USA sticker inside the battery compartment as the serial # is not region specific. Prosumer D80/D200 etc. have region specific S/N and for the USA have a # starting with 3 as was indicated in earlier posts.