USA Model

D

dcampos

I just bought a D200 USA Model. Is there anything on the camera body itself that will distinguish that it is indeed a USA model as compared to an import?

D

dcampos

Hmmmmmm.......I'm not seeing a sticker on the inside. The bottom of my camera says "Made in Thailand." It also says Nikon Corp. Japan. Should I be suspicious that I was sold an import?

D

dcampos

Thanks for that reply. Sure enough, my serial starts with a 3. I can rest easy now in knowing that I didn't pay the extra money for nothing, well, relatively speaking.

Got mine the week it hit the street.
300xxxx..japan..see nothing in battery comp

There should also be a card about the size and weight of a postcard with a 1 year Nikon USA warranty. Most important, save your original reciept, you will need to send a copy in with any warranty repairs, if needed.

David,

Only the D1/2 series has a Nikon USA sticker inside the battery compartment as the serial # is not region specific. Prosumer D80/D200 etc. have region specific S/N and for the USA have a # starting with 3 as was indicated in earlier posts.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom