USB cable

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Shellie, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Does anyone know where I can get a new USB cable for my D40x? One of my kids yanked it out of the computer and it's not working now. :frown: I know it's not the computer because I checked it.

Thanks for the help!

2. Where exactly is the "Frozen Tundra"? Is that like Frozen Tundra of Green Bay?

You should be able to find this at many computer stores. It's an A to Mini B usb cable.

If you're using it for data transfer from memory card to PC, get a USB memory card reader. Much better than always plugging the camera in to transfer pictures. It should also come with the cable that will work for your camera as well.

3. :biggrin: The Frozen Tundra is Northern Utah. I'm a California beach girl transplanted up here.

I am using it for data transfer. Any suggestions for a good USB memory card reader? Thanks. :smile:

4. As goofball said, it's just a typical usb cable with a mini-b connector on the end. I order my cables from pc cables, usually a pretty good price and speedy service - been using them for years.

5. Thanks!

6. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I like the Sandisk USB card reader. It works a lot better than the generic ones you find at the local big box store and doesn't cost that much more if you buy it from B&H or Amazon:
    Amazon.com
    BHPhoto.com

You'll still need the same cable, though, but it'll work a lot faster than transferring them out of the camera and won't drain the camera batteries.

Bill

7. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Glad I could help!

Bill

8. I've ordred the card reader and another cable. Thanks guys for your help.

9. You know that card reader will probably come with the cable yo were asking about. It's aways nice to have a spare.

10. I figured as much. Like you said, it will be nice to have a spare especially with kids around. Of course, I've learned a lesson and won't leave the cable in the computer anymore. :cool:

11. Hmmm... thanks for the info.

My husband is not going to be happy that I found you guys! :smile: