used cameras collection WOW!

And here I thought my NAS was out of control! :biggrin:

Looks like he visited the wrong estate auctions. Even though there were a couple Rollei and Leikas, I wouldn't give more than a couple bucks for the whole batch.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
After looking at this, I realize I don't have NAS at all... :tongue:

"MasterCard"- How can we help you?
"Me" - I need a credit limit increase to 30k.
"MasterCard"- What will this be for?
"Me" - A couple hundred vintage cameras.
"MasterCard" - Call Amex and get their black card. Click

It is amazing to see a list that long and there isn't one thing I would like. A collection of junk is still junk no matter how big the collection is.

It is a large collection of not very much.
With the exception of the odd item such as some Pentax K1000 bodies, and a few old Minolta manual focus film cameras its mostly bargain bin material.
The one item I did find interesting is a body that is non-working (sigh).
We are now so far along into the Digital age that I think the seller will be hard pressed to dispose of it except by selling literally item by item. Not enough Luddites like me still around who might want some of this stuff for him to find a buyer for what is a very mediocre collection.

I agree with the rest of you. Not much there of interest. No lenses, nothing that will work with my Nikons. I only see two cameras that I would even be interested in:

The Polaroid 110A
The Polaroid Miniportrait so I can take the back off and convert the 110A to pack film.

Although I don't have nearly that many cameras, I have picked up a lot of those at flea markets and yard sales and walked past many more.
Pete

As Sean mentioned, this "collection" was an ebay auction a year ago.
Now the price decreased to 30,000 $.I suppose, that next year the price for that collection will decrease another 10,000 $, because no one will purchase that collection of crap at the announced price.

He won't get a tenth of that.

It is amazing to see a list that long and there isn't one thing I would like. A collection of junk is still junk no matter how big the collection is.

The winning bid was $35k. For over 1,000 cameras. That's $35 per camera on average, so yeah, mostly junk.

Then again, only ONE of them needs to be a Nikon with a 6mm 2.8 fish eye mounted :biggrin:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom