Used equipment and pandemic

I was browsing several used camera websites and was amazed by the lack of camera bodies. What gives??? Are more people using their gear now during the Covid pandemic? I enjoy playing golf, and that sport has seen a surge in new golfers and used equipment is fetching higher prices. Thanks!

Other hobbies have also emerged and benefited from the current state of affairs, online gaming being one that springs to mind.
It is not necessarily cheap and is competing against other activities for ££££, laptop/console, controllers, microphone headset, software upfront or monthly subscription, bounty chests and level upgrades...

Real Name
Randy
Nikon has peaked out on DSLR bodies. After buying almost every body from the D50 to the D5 I skipped the D780 and D6. I'm done and the same is true for lenses

Thanks for the replies. I have been watching local sales on Facebook Marketplace, but I am trying to be cautious on buying other peoples problems. Buying from a reputable store, would give me a option to return if necessary. I looked at KEH, Robert's, Adorama, trying to find a decent condition D50.
Thanks!

Real Name
Randy
Thanks for the replies. I have been watching local sales on Facebook Marketplace, but I am trying to be cautious on buying other peoples problems. Buying from a reputable store, would give me a option to return if necessary. I looked at KEH, Robert's, Adorama, trying to find a decent condition D50.
Thanks!
Try fredmiranda.com. The best !

Real Name
Andrew
Thanks!
MPB.com has a used Nikon D50 with under 5000 shutter actuations for $44.

I was just looking at them today.

Thanks!
Try calling Mo or Dante at Ace Photo which is in No. Va. Great brick and mortar store. I do all my business with them. 703-433-3333. Best luck.

Thanks!
If you go to online sites like Fred Miranda sellers have ratings which can helpp a lot. I don't hesitate to buy online from someone with great reviews.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom