Used Lens Prices Are Going Up (again)

G

Gary Mayo

With the release of a second Full Frame Nikon camera, used lenses will be going up in price (again.)

I shop around for good deals for my glass collection, and with another FF camera out there, many lenses will be more scarce. If you think 3 grand is nuts for an old 1.4 lens, wait till it is 5 grand!

5 grand? Whatever the market will support I guess.

I have noticed the prices of 35-70's going up on KEH over the past few months. Most likely the same will be going on with the 80-200's as well.

I doubt they'll go up much if any. If they do go up they'll just lose sales. I personally can't afford to take a hit on any gear just because a new FX camera hit the market.

Besides, it's not like oil. I don't need it to survive. This is just a hobby for me anyway. :smile:

Well....given the performance of the US dollar and the REAL inflation rate here, ANYTHING of tangible lasting value will be increasing in price.......

Can you claim that Nikon Lenses are 'investments' for your 401K?

With the release of a second Full Frame Nikon camera, used lenses will be going up in price (again.)

I shop around for good deals for my glass collection, and with another FF camera out there, many lenses will be more scarce. If you think 3 grand is nuts for an old 1.4 lens, wait till it is 5 grand!
When all else fails...blame it on the price of gas :biggrin:

I've heard (for what that's worth) Nikon will be releasing a new 28, 35 and 50 here relatively soon. I'm sure that will affect the prices on the older versions of those three to some extent.

This is just the beginning, or so I hope. I am far from a pro and new primes while nice would not be something I would be looking at. Now an updated 80-400 VR with AF-S that is a different story!

I would imagine with more FF bodies coming out. Nikon has probably a bunch of FF lenses up there sleeves that they will be announcing in the very near future.

Remember they only made about 1700-1800 of the 28 1.4 AF-D

Logic tells me that there are going to be a lot more D3, D700 owners by the end of the year.

Nikon is successful not because there stupid... but because they know what they're doing to effect there bottomline.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom