Used prices for Z6 vs Z7

I can see why they are lower. They are not up to matching the sony mirrorless. Yes I have shot with mine now for a year but if I have to get the shot the dslr comes out. If it is repeatable I will use the z7. The focus, while better than it was is still sub the D5 and D850. Matt Granger puts the Z7 and the new Sony thru an eye focus test on a tripod last week and sadly you can see that Nikon is not there. It matches my findings in real life. Eye focus is not reliable to shoot with. So I use the old methods we used in the past but sony makes the work flow easier and that is wy they are killing nikon in the mirrorless battle. I wish it was not so but Nikon has squandered the opportunity that people have waited for. The Z came out and the Sony was on version 3 and now they have A74 at 60mp. They are updating their cameras faster and have a better work flow. It is the market telling that they do not value the nikon as much. The output on my Z7 is amazing and it works for what I bought it for but it does make me wonder why nikon missed the boat. As to two cad slots sure you can use wireless but that eats batteries and assumes you are close to your laptop. I shoot in a field or at a farm that is a wedding and I am not going to carry the laptop over a half mile walking around. In the studio or maybe the reception hall it might work but seriously there is no way you can say use wireless if you are on the move over a long distance to shoot.

Real Name
Chris
I can see why they are lower. They are not up to matching the sony mirrorless. Yes I have shot with mine now for a year but if I have to get the shot the dslr comes out. If it is repeatable I will use the z7. The focus, while better than it was is still sub the D5 and D850. Matt Granger puts the Z7 and the new Sony thru an eye focus test on a tripod last week and sadly you can see that Nikon is not there. It matches my findings in real life. Eye focus is not reliable to shoot with. So I use the old methods we used in the past but sony makes the work flow easier and that is wy they are killing nikon in the mirrorless battle. I wish it was not so but Nikon has squandered the opportunity that people have waited for. The Z came out and the Sony was on version 3 and now they have A74 at 60mp. They are updating their cameras faster and have a better work flow. It is the market telling that they do not value the nikon as much. The output on my Z7 is amazing and it works for what I bought it for but it does make me wonder why nikon missed the boat. As to two cad slots sure you can use wireless but that eats batteries and assumes you are close to your laptop. I shoot in a field or at a farm that is a wedding and I am not going to carry the laptop over a half mile walking around. In the studio or maybe the reception hall it might work but seriously there is no way you can say use wireless if you are on the move over a long distance to shoot.
Just to be clear, the wireless device does not have to be a laptop. For example, when I shoot a wedding or do a shoot on location that’s remote, I’ll have my cell phone in my pocket and between sets I’ll wirelessly transfer them to my cell phone. Full raw images. No laptop needed. No internet needed. No cell phone coverage needed. Just the device I already have and use daily. Also, you can get a gnarbox to do backups as well (google it if you don’t know what it is). Super easy and way more convenient than the method I use. But my way works and doesn’t cost a dime or make me carry anything extra (just costs battery usage haha). As a professional, I think the Z7 is perfectly fine if you use it for what it was intended for. Large scale prints in the landscape and portrait areas. If you need the focusing to be faster for say sporting events or wildlife then stick with the 850 or D5. I really don’t understand how people think Nikon “missed the boat “ with the Z6 or Z7. They made an amazing camera that has the best glass available for the largest segment of photographers specifically because they were behind the power curve with Sony and it’s the best place to start. Nikon will release a version to compete with the a7R4 soon enough.... because they all use the same dang sensors. So it all comes down to implementation and software and the glass. And personally; the “kit lens” that comes with the Z series camera shoots better than 99 percent of pro grade lenses out there. So no, they didn’t miss the boat. They just chose their boat that made the most sense for the race they decided to enter. Just my two cents.

I know that MPB does. I agree though, that would be a good metric for all used sellers to provide. We do it for cars.
Be prepared to carefully check the shutter count on any camera from MPB.com. Last December I purchased a D5500 from them with an advertised shutter count of 3. When I got it I found the shutter count was actually over 35,000. After I complained they had me send it back to swap for one on which they claimed the shutter count was about 7,500. When it came the actual shutter count was 14,515. It required a third try to get one with a reasonably low count.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom