User Manual -AF 80-200 2.8D ED MK II lens

Thanks but I already found those pages.
I am really trying to find out what the silver button on the rear of the 80-200 does.

Bill_C

your welcome.. i just bought one , boxed with instructions,etc and mint, lovely lens , i love mine..

I have not used my 80-200 2.8D ED very much yet but would like to ask you if you have used yours for action such as sports or birds yet? Do you have any samples with settings including things like manual or Matrix, spot etc.

Bill_C

I have not used my 80-200 2.8D ED very much yet but would like to ask you if you have used yours for action such as sports or birds yet? Do you have any samples with settings including things like manual or Matrix, spot etc.

Bill_C

Hi this lens is always on now, keeps up with birds n flight, motocross action, etc , on a d300 the af-c s pretty good and i fnd it tracks well once you have it locked on target.. Wll post a couple of action shots shortly.

The two-ring version is excellent for sports as it features a fast focus (for a screw-type lens). The earlier push-pull lenses are optically very similar or identical but don't focus as fast, and are seen as more all-purpose lenses.

If you do use your for sports, be sure to use that limiter switch. It custs focus time pretty substantially.

I too have one, but mine has been sitting in a drawer unused for 18months or so. Think I’ll need to dig it out and put on my D7000 to see if I’ll keep it

Latest threads

Top Bottom