Users Group Demo

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by dbirdsong, Oct 22, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I am the VP of the oldest Apple Users group in the world, the Michigan Apple here in Michigan and I was asked if I would do a couple meetings on digital photography this month.
    So at the general meeting last week I did a overview on what someone should look for when deciding to buy a digital camera. Then at the Advanced Sig meeting this past Thursday I showed some different ideals on how to share your photos, such as making them into movies with iMovie using the famous "Ken Burns Effect" (Which is so very cool to use) and taking and doing some minor edits in either Photoshop CS2 or Elements (which didn't work that night for me, Apple replaced the logic board on my PowerBook this summer and I hadn't tried running Elements since it was replaces. It turns out that I need to re-install it because of the new logic board)
    Which brings me to this.....
    I was showing some simple edits to improve a photo and I pulled up this shot randomly to edit.
    [​IMG]

What I was going to do was convert it to B&W and use a frame action on it when my best friends Dad says "Dave, why does it look like that church is falling in?)
    To which I explained that it was taken with a ultra wide angle lens and that was the look I was looking for.
    Then I remembered that i had a plugin from the Imaging Factory called Perspective v2.01 and that I hadn't run it yet so the 30 day demo would work for me.
    The end result was this

[​IMG]

Which impressed everyone and me too since I had never played with that plugin before. (I know that the name of the Church isn't centered correctly, it was a on the fly demo just to show what could be done.)

2. Cool story Dave. I'll have to check out the plugin. Now I know where to ask for help when I have Mac problems. :smile:

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

They make some really cool plugin's.. White Point and Convert B&W Pro are among the best I have ever used.

4. I think I've found what I need, thanks to you. It may prove to be handy with my coming Sigma 10-20.
    BTW, have you read about Apple's Aperure software? I have hoped it would be less expensive - it'll be hard to compete with PS.

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Not only is Aperture expensive, but I need to upgrade both my desktop and powerbook to use it.. :mad:

I guess I need to start selling more prints so I can afford a G5 and a new Powerbook.