Using the Previous button to apply settings, how to control what it does

How do I tell LR which settings to apply when I use the previous button? Right now it seems to be copying everything, including spot removal, which cannot work from image to image, since spots on faces are not in the same place on each image.

HELP!!!

You could just select both images, one with the settings you want to copy and the other you want to copy to, and Sync.
Then you could choose which setting to leave in and out via checkbox.

Thank you for the suggestion, however that method forces me to use grid view and not be in the develop module.

I want to paste settings from the previous image quickly, make any small adjustments as needed and move on to the next image quickly. I am doing a wedding.

Please don't tell me to right click and select copy settings and then paste settings, that is too slow as well.

You can select multiple images while in the Develop module via the image train at the bottom of LR.
I don't know any other way of copying/pasting settings from an image to all other images in the same train.

You can select multiple images while in the Develop module via the image train at the bottom of LR.
I don't know any other way of copying/pasting settings from an image to all other images in the same train.
Oh yeah, thanks, I usually have that turned off.

Still, if anyone knows how to control the previous button, please let me know.

I've been trying to figure it out since you mentioned it.
I didn't really know what 'Previous' was till now. :smile:

Someone in the LR facebook group suggested I use the copy and paste buttons on the left side. That seems to give the same effect, but allows a choice.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom