Using Z-cameras on Safari

It's a case of "what best fits your hands'; and "what are you prepared to carry".

A skilled photographer with fast reflexes could probably get the images they are after on Safari with any reasonably decent camera.

In my case, I am perfectly content to lumber heavy gear around the planet.
I throughly like the heft of a D5 in my hands and an Optical viewfinder (which is clear of all distractions such as flashing focussing and HL signals or a live Histogram). I immediately disable all such distractions.

Those who like such aids will choose a MILC and that is an equally valid choice for Safari.

My gear does deliver results for me but it might not for others for whom bulk, weight, IBIS and focussing aides may be important considerations.

It's a case of "what best fits your hands'; and "what are you prepared to carry".

A skilled photographer with fast reflexes could probably get the images they are after on Safari with any reasonably decent camera.

In my case, I am perfectly content to lumber heavy gear around the planet.
I throughly like the heft of a D5 in my hands and an Optical viewfinder (which is clear of all distractions such as flashing focussing and HL signals or a live Histogram). I immediately disable all such distractions.

Those who like such aids will choose a MILC and that is an equally valid choice for Safari.

My gear does deliver results for me but it might not for others for whom bulk, weight, IBIS and focussing aides may be important considerations.
My”problem” is that i like both systems equally!!
I really wish i liked one more than the other.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom