UT Wins!

That was, without a doubt, the worst coached USC game I have seen all year. Take the opportunity for 3 points off the table going 4th and 1 at the beginning of the game when well within field goal range.

Then what the HECK is Reggie Bush thinking on that bonehead lateral? Another minimum 3 point possibility.

Then, go for it 4th and 2 at the end of the game, take Reggie Bush out of the game and run up the middle?????? When Student Body Right has worked for yardage all night?

And if all of THIS isn't bad enough, don't have a spy on Vince on the left side of the defense at the end of the game and let him walk into the endzone at 4th and 5, with 20 seconds or so left. And to make it even worse, take your last timeout on the 2 point conversion.

I really feel bad for Reggie, my guess is that he is not speaking to many folks tonight.

By the way, this is not meant to take anything away from Texas, those guys played a HECK of a great game, congrats to them all. Without a doubt, the two best were out there tonight, no doubt about it all.

Now, what REALLY frosts me is that the Rose Bowl is MEANT to be played in the afternoon, after the Rose Parade. Tradition is gone, this BCS garbage is, well, garbage :wink:

Congrats to the Longhorns, you guys played a great game, the fans were great, and it certainly was an entertaining game, right up until the last 30 seconds........:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :wink:

Mark,

I too am happy that UT won the game. All the sporting news agencies were talking about was how good USC was (and they are) and seemingly not giving UT a chance. I am glad that those kids in Texas proved how good they are and did win. Being partial to Pennsylvania teams, I have to put in an ever so small plug and congrats to Penn State for winning their game. I think that was the best game I had seen in many years.

God Bless,
David

Well - Sports - bound to be some conterversy I suppose.

But, I thought the game was entertaining to watch.

And hey that Penn State - Florida game was pretty darn fun to watch too.

I wish Pro Football had the same OT Rules. Much more interesting and fair I think.

PhotoByMark said:
Well - Sports - bound to be some conterversy I suppose.

But, I thought the game was entertaining to watch.

And hey that Penn State - Florida game was pretty darn fun to watch too.

I wish Pro Football had the same OT Rules. Much more interesting and fair I think.

Controversy????? In SPORTS???? Oh, never, it is all black-and-white, cut-and-dried, and OBVIOUSLY "MY" (defined by who is doing the typing) team ALWAYS gets the short-end-of-the-stick, or Yellow-Hanky as the case may be. The reality of tonights game is that even if what I consider to be bonehead moves didn't happen, that is no guarantee the outcome would have been any different, not at all, but given that I am a true Trojan (no wise-acre remarks please :wink: ) it pained me to see those happen. Then again, YOU must have been rolling on the floor with that Reggie Bush lateral, eh??????? :eek:

It is funny that one of the reasons I watch so little Pro Sports anymore is that 2 fans can't have a fun bit of poking at each other without someone taking offense. Couple that with the attitude all that money brings and I just can't get as excited. College ball, on the other hand, is still, as you note, entertaining. And forever I will abhore the last 30 seconds of tonights game, just as much as YOU will enjoy it :smile:

Now, as to OT, boy are we in vehement agreement on that one. I have never heard a good explanation for why the NFL rules committee keeps rejecting the idea, I think it may be as much a television issue as anything, but that doesn't hold a lot of water, as it seems OK with college. Oh, well, I prefer the Baseball method, play till you drop if need be :smile:

LOL Bill.

It is not too often that my teams win the big events. I was Big Houston Oiler fan for years and saw lots of heartbreaking games. The biggest one that I can remeber is when the Oilers blew against the Bills in the play-offs some years ago. And of course also when Tennessee Titans (Former Oilers) blew it in the superbowl awhile back. Oh and I have been a SA Spurs fan for 25 years or so and at least in the recent years they have done pretty good.

Personally, when I watch any sport especially the Championship games I like to see a good entertaining game. Sometimes it goes the way I like and sometimes not.

Glad I read this at the start of my Tivo recording

SO, I log onto the Cafe, while turning on my TV to watch the Rose Bowl, and look what I find. Thanks a lot, who need mystery & suspense anyway? Unless you were there taking photos, then I don't understand why was this even posted here, on a photographic website :confused: Gonna watch it anyway, but it won't be the same.

Uh-oh, I thought religion debates were verboten on this board.

In Texas football worshiped so it qualifies as a religion.:biggrin:

On the tablet that Moses dropped on the way down the hill...

Thy Rose Parade shall be held on January 1st with the game to follow immediately thereafter.

Thou shalt have no World Serious games played at night.

Thou shalt have no "Wild Cards" in playoffs.

Shameful how people these days have no respect for tradition. Maybe some fiddler should write a song about that.

This BCS is just BS. And who needs seven hundred and thirty seven bowl games?

Rose, Orange, Cotton and Toilet Bowls are all that are needed for this fan.

Balderdash! Harrumph, harrumph, harrumph!

:frown: :frown:

I enjoyed watching the game too and seeing UT win. Too bad my team was asleep during their bowl game:mad: . I also stayed up to watch Penn State pull it out last night. Its going to be a long day at work.

This year's Rose Bowl game was absolutely, beyond any shadow of a doubt, the best college football game that I have ever watched. We, my co-workers and I, watched it at the firehouse last night and the yelling was unbelieveable. We were so into this contest. One of the guys graduated from a Big 12 school so he backed Texas by default. The rest of us just savored the opportunity to watch the final college football game of the season. We thoroughly enjoyed the game from start to finish. When Reggie Bush did the lateral...I yelled out, "USC just lost the game!". When the game clock reached 00:00...I was right! Too bad anyone had to lose!

G

GaryW

Most all Texans were pulling for UT - even their arch-enemy, Texas A&M.

aggies.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Do I need to explain the bandaids on the horns?

Steve S said:
SO, I log onto the Cafe, while turning on my TV to watch the Rose Bowl, and look what I find. Thanks a lot, who need mystery & suspense anyway? Unless you were there taking photos, then I don't understand why was this even posted here, on a photographic website :confused: Gonna watch it anyway, but it won't be the same.

Sorry bout that. I made no mention of the half-time show so you can still watch that. :biggrin:

Excellent, excellent game and I'm happy for Tehas. Enjoyed every minute of it in spite of knowing it's outcome. :tongue: As for the halftime show, well, I fast forwarded past that boring crapola.

Latest threads

Top Bottom