1. Capture Utah

Capture Utah

Nov 23, 2006
    USA
    The fires in Utah keep burning.

p488826721-5.

What settings would make for a better photo?

2. You have captured this well. If you went out in late evening and set up your tripod and then shot for the building then waited until dark and shot for the fire, then combined them in PS it would give you a different look. I do like it as you have shot it, quite dramatic. If you want you could try to pull up a little detail in the dark area with D Lighting in NC or Shadow/Highlight in PS.

3. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Steve I like it...is this the one by Nephi? I thought about driving down that way on Saturday to get some pics, but didn't get the chance to.

4. Capture Utah

Capture Utah

Nov 23, 2006
    USA
    This is the fire that is still burning on the Stansbury range by Grantsville. Thanks for the comments. It was amazing how fast it moves....

5. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    I forgot that you are in the Stansbury Park area...how far away are you from the fire?

6. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    WOW, stunning shot.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    How much saturation did you add to the image.

8. Capture Utah

Capture Utah

Nov 23, 2006
    USA
    We are about 10 miles away to the East. This is close to I-80

9. Capture Utah

Capture Utah

Nov 23, 2006
    USA
    Hi Gale - no saturation.

10. Capture Utah

Capture Utah

Nov 23, 2006
    USA
    Thanks. I shoot mainly sports, but enjoy attempting shots like these.

11. Unbelievable, it looks like the surface of the sun! Terrifyingly beautiful image my friend.

12. Capture Utah

Capture Utah

Nov 23, 2006
    USA
    It does. I dont know what the camera adjusts for in its processing, but these photos are untouched. Our view was pretty much as the photos show. It was neat to watch, but the devastation was quick and sure. Flash floods followed this week with all the vegitations burned away. Nature working its system I suppose.

13. I hear ya, the more we seem to interfere the worse it seems to end up in the long run...