1. nu2scene

nu2scene

Sep 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    On a recent trip I took to Vegas, we made an excursion into Utah. The scenery was beautiful. I've never been to Utah before, and I was amazed by all the colors.

I only brought my little P&S with me. I did shoot in RAW and am now starting to play with PP. The first pic is SOOC and the second is what I came up with. I'd like to hear your opinion of how I did.

2781213895_1a0ee44f68_o.

2782072546_210ac8bd57_o.

2. I like the outcome
    I would have cropped some in the right side
    and also on the foreground, besides that
    I really like the picture
    Leo

3. nu2scene

nu2scene

Sep 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Thanks for looking Leo.

4. heck yeah, Utah is one of my favorite states.

5. nu2scene

nu2scene

Sep 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Thanks Phil.

6. yamo

yamo

Jun 28, 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Rob,

Greetings. Looks like a pretty good start... I particularly like how the sky/clouds came out.

I do quite a bit of processing with my photographs. My suggestions for this one:

- crop to a 3:2 aspect ratio (wider than you have) crop from bottom and right side (from the bush remnant on the right bottom).

- straighten the horizon a bit (bring the right side down a bit)

- add contrast

- brighten up the foreground keeping contrast (leave sky alone)

- work on the color of the ground and greenery some... I would try reducing the magenta a bit (toward green) adding a little red and yellow... add some saturation
    What would be good to work toward is color separation of the green, red soil and blue sky... the tree should really pop from the background

- additional sharpening the tree would also help

Just some thoughts...

Cheers,

-Yamo-

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.