UV-"Nikkor" revived!!!

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by regit, Dec 27, 2005.

1. regit

regit

Jan 31, 2005
    To those that might be interested, UV-"Nikkor" is available through Tochigi Nikon. Though only inscribed as UV 105mm, the specs suggest that it is every bit a UV-Nikkor... Unfortunately, I don't know the price, but what's important here is that it is available again :)

http://www.tochigi-nikon.co.jp/products/industriallens/index.html

2. nfoto

nfoto Guest

The specifications are identical down to the weight, the only difference being the serial numbers which evidently starts at 700xx instead of 200xx. So it is indeed a revival of that old faithful. Probably they've got the orginal tooling from nikon.

The original UV-Nikkor was very expensive and I'd guess the new lens will be not a mass-produced item, with a commensurate price. And what do I care, I already own a UV-Nikkor, with CPU-modification!

3. regit

regit

Jan 31, 2005
    From my understanding, it is for industrial use and by special order only. I reckon the price is much more than what the original UV-Nikkor were sold... Now, if they only make a "new" SB-140 to match ... last seen, a used flash sold on eBay for a cool US$2K!!!

On the subject of UV, I've been recently trying out UV with rangefinder cameras. For general/street applications, the UV+RF combo turn out to be quite usable and easier to use than the Nikkor+SLR... for one thing, there's no blackout or filter swapping/flipping... just focus, frame and shoot :) Here's one taken with M7+Helios-103 (collimated for focus-shift) with a B+W 403 on Kodak Tri-X, nothing of merit, just one from a test roll...

original.

4. nfoto

nfoto Guest

But the M7 isn't digital, it employs FILM. I'm avoiding film as much as possible these days. To me, film-based cameras at least the 35 mm varieties, are counter-productive.

I've shot much of my UV like this however (blindfolded), but using digital cameras.

5. regit

regit

Jan 31, 2005
    Heh, heh ... I guess my guesstimation with the UV-Nikkor+DSLR is not as good as yours. I'll still need all the visual guide I can get :)

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Regit,
    Just stopped by to say hello.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

The image post is very nice. Like the story. (oh story teller :>))

Hope to see you more often.

I have really enjoyed Bjorn being here :>))))

7. kds315

kds315

May 30, 2006
    Dr Klaus Schmitt
    Tochigi UV 105mm

If anyone is interested how the Tochigi UV 105mm lens looks like, here are some shots:
    Tochigi_UV105mm_IMG_9714.
    Tochigi_UV105mm_IMG_9715.
    Tochigi_UV105mm_IMG_9718.

I looks and feels exactly like the UV Nikkor 105mm, then front and rear lenses look identical, too.

Klaus

8. Hey Rigit, nice to hear from you friend. Good information and I like your image as well. Don't be a stranger.

9. kds315

kds315

May 30, 2006
    Dr Klaus Schmitt
    That was me, Klaus, not Regit, whom I also miss here btw.

Klaus