V2.0 Firmware Available for Z6 / Z7 – Includes Eye-Detect

There have been discussions on DPR and FM. And as Ian said, you can also try it yourself. If I remember, the bokeh issue was illustrated nicely by Fred Miranda himself, but can't remember if it was with a 50/1.4ZA or the 35/1.4 lens. It was back yard pics with foliage in the background. I'm going to guess that Nikon tried to optimize for the Z-mount primes to maintain their out of focus rendering without this EFCS artifact. But it's all about trade-offs.

There have been discussions on DPR and FM. And as Ian said, you can also try it yourself. If I remember, the bokeh issue was illustrated nicely by Fred Miranda himself, but can't remember if it was with a 50/1.4ZA or the 35/1.4 lens. It was back yard pics with foliage in the background. I'm going to guess that Nikon tried to optimize for the Z-mount primes to maintain their out of focus rendering without this EFCS artifact. But it's all about trade-offs.
I leave EFCS on all the time on my A7III, to be honest I don't really see much difference in my OOF areas. Does the Z6 still experience some sort of shutter shock beyond 1/250th?

Real Name
Andrew
I leave EFCS on all the time on my A7III, to be honest I don't really see much difference in my OOF areas. Does the Z6 still experience some sort of shutter shock beyond 1/250th?
I've not really experienced it beyond 1/125... But am happy so far with the "auto" implementation. Will try and run it through the mill, so to speak, this weekend if I can squeak out some time while traveling.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom