V3 focus issues with FT-1 adapter + 70-200 2.8

I am more than sure this is user error on my part but I am having no luck focusing 70-200 2.8 with the v3 kit I picked up late last week. (the 10-30 lens that comes with camera focuses fine)

I have switched from Nikon to Fuji recently but kept a couple of long lenses and d700 for sports etc. The new v3 kit is really appealing due to size and frame rate and once the 70-300 Nikon 1 lens comes back into stock I hope to pick it up (especially if I cant sort out current issue)

I have tried AF-S and AF-C modes - centre focus point but am getting blurred pics even on static subjects. I have checked firmware on FT-1 and I have latest 1.2 version

Am I missing something?

What does the image look like in the EVF or on the LCD when you focus? Are you using AF on the back button or the shutter? VR on/off, have you tested to see if there is any difference? Have you tried any other lens?

What does the image look like in the EVF or on the LCD when you focus? Are you using AF on the back button or the shutter? VR on/off, have you tested to see if there is any difference? Have you tried any other lens?

looks in focus on both EVF and LCD,, yes im using AF back button, no difference vr on/of - will try 300 f4 tomorrow alongside 70-200 on some ducks at the local park tomorrow

here is a pic with the 70-200 i think at 190 or so SS1250, f2.8, iso 800, jpg, APS

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSC_0356 by ugog, on Flickr

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom