V3 focus modes

My paper manual doesn't say anything about focus modes, but the information on NikonUSA indicates there are AF-A. AF-S, AF-C, AF-F, and MF. The PDF manual on page 99 says the same thing. My V3 does not have the AF-F setting, only AF-A, AF-S, AF-C and MF. Do any of you guys have the AF-F setting in your cameras? I've always used AF-C in my SLR's, so I figured to do the same thing with the V3, but got curious about the AF-F mode that it says should be in the camera, but isn't in mine, as far as I can tell.

So I picked up a v3 with the ft1. While I intend to pick up the cx 70-300 when eventually someone has it in stock (can't find in anywhere in uk or online at the moment!) I tried my 70-200 vr2 - while the range is excellent I seem to be having focus problems - nothing is coming out sharp especially at the long end.

Is there a particular setting I need to be using? The adapter has the latest firmware and I'm using af-c

If you are using a filter on the lens make some test shots without it. The N1 V3 does not have AF Fine Tune but if you have a target, make some test photo to see if you can get good AF or if you can get good focus in manual focus mode.

If you post your question in a separate thread some other members may have some suggestions.

So I picked up a v3 with the ft1. While I intend to pick up the cx 70-300 when eventually someone has it in stock (can't find in anywhere in uk or online at the moment!) I tried my 70-200 vr2 - while the range is excellent I seem to be having focus problems - nothing is coming out sharp especially at the long end.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom