V3 focus modes

My paper manual doesn't say anything about focus modes, but the information on NikonUSA indicates there are AF-A. AF-S, AF-C, AF-F, and MF. The PDF manual on page 99 says the same thing. My V3 does not have the AF-F setting, only AF-A, AF-S, AF-C and MF. Do any of you guys have the AF-F setting in your cameras? I've always used AF-C in my SLR's, so I figured to do the same thing with the V3, but got curious about the AF-F mode that it says should be in the camera, but isn't in mine, as far as I can tell.

So I picked up a v3 with the ft1. While I intend to pick up the cx 70-300 when eventually someone has it in stock (can't find in anywhere in uk or online at the moment!) I tried my 70-200 vr2 - while the range is excellent I seem to be having focus problems - nothing is coming out sharp especially at the long end.

Is there a particular setting I need to be using? The adapter has the latest firmware and I'm using af-c

If you are using a filter on the lens make some test shots without it. The N1 V3 does not have AF Fine Tune but if you have a target, make some test photo to see if you can get good AF or if you can get good focus in manual focus mode.

If you post your question in a separate thread some other members may have some suggestions.

So I picked up a v3 with the ft1. While I intend to pick up the cx 70-300 when eventually someone has it in stock (can't find in anywhere in uk or online at the moment!) I tried my 70-200 vr2 - while the range is excellent I seem to be having focus problems - nothing is coming out sharp especially at the long end.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom